Notary Rotary
Home Closings
Notary Discussion History

Home Closings
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 11/24/12 3:01pm
Msg #444509

Home Closings

Got second call from them today after declining a signing from them yesterday! Did they not believe me when I told them I would not work for them because of 1.5 stars on Notary Rotary?? I told them they are a risk to work for and that notaries routinely check Signing Central. She was aware of that and had numerous excuses of course.

Reply by LKT/CA on 11/24/12 7:05pm
Msg #444526

Looks like they cannot fill that order. Now, they'll resort to calling notaries and agreeing to ANY fee quoted just to get the order filled. Problem is, it doesn't matter what they agree to when they don't pay. Maybe she thinks by hounding you, you'll give in [NOT!!].

Reply by Karla/OR on 11/24/12 9:15pm
Msg #444533

They did try to lowball me @ $75 - I said my minimum is $100 for a local signing in what I call "my backyard." T did get approval for that. By that time I had checked Not/Rot and at that point it was a no go. I also discussed with her that I was aware of them re-incarnating from Final Link - she said they hired some people that didn't work out. You can say that again! She also said that some companies don't pay her right away and so that delays the notary getting paid! I told her get your star numbers up consistently for about six months and that would help them.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/24/12 9:24pm
Msg #444534

"She also said that some companies don't pay her right away and so that delays the notary getting paid!"

Then they're obviously underfunded - notary/signing agent fees shouldn't be contingent upon them getting paid.

She not only needs to get her star ratings up - she needs to infuse some capital into her business so she can pay people.

JMO

Reply by Karla/OR on 11/25/12 3:03am
Msg #444542

Agreed!!! n/m

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/25/12 4:24pm
Msg #444572

$75! they offered me $60 on 11/23. I countered $140 thinking

that would be the end of them, then they called back with approval! but too bad for them, in the meantime I searched NotRot and was saved Smile

Reply by Karla/OR on 11/25/12 6:40pm
Msg #444573

Yep, ask for the moon, but getting it is another thing!!! n/m

Reply by Cheryl Yeko on 1/9/13 10:51am
Msg #449599

Still not paid by Final Link from a closing in June, 2012. What's the rule...should we call their new company, Home Signings and demand payment?

Is anyone else having lots of problems with no payments from multiple agencies. I've been a mobile notary for more than 10 years, and find non-payment is a bigger issue now, more than ever. Even clients who use to pay, now aren't?

I for one, am damn tired of being stiffed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.