Notary Rotary
Hopsital notarization for voters
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by ajd/pa on 11/6/12 8:12pm
Msg #442445

Got a call at 4:00 this afternoon from someone at one of the local hospitals to see if I could come notarize some voter forms. Nothing like waiting for the last minute. I know, they probably didn't know that they might be in at that time, but our polls close(d) at 8:00. Said i could but she never called back to give me definate answers.

Reply by Jack/AL on 11/6/12 11:56pm
Msg #442461

So? What is your point? n/m

Reply by ajd/pa on 11/7/12 6:59am
Msg #442473

Re: So? What is your point?

Just saying about people waiting to the last minute and that they never got back to me. Kind of a vent. they were almost wanting me to drop what I was doing and go out right then, but never called me back to give a definate answer about if they really needed me. Not minding the hospital part, but would have appreciated a call to say we don't need you. Guess I should be used to this kind of stuff by now.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/7/12 7:37am
Msg #442476

I don't get your point either. You either had the time

to accommodate that request or not. It sounds like you make a decision based on
their "waiting to the last minute". Heck, many people had to wait until after work to vote last evening. I think I would have tried to help that person exercise their right to vote. You don't know if the hospitalization had been an emergency situation.

Reply by jba/fl on 11/7/12 7:53am
Msg #442480

She stated in OP that she could, they didn't call back.

This is a common thing - shopping for a cheaper deal, etc.

Nothing except an aside of opinion about it being last minute.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/7/12 7:58am
Msg #442482

Got it. I stand corrected--my apologies. n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/7/12 11:56pm
Msg #442585

When it comes to general notary work, I often get calls from people making inquiries. Unless they book a firm appt on the first call - or give a strong indication that they will call me back - I put it completely out of my mind and assume it ain't gonna happen (as the saying goes... Wink) And if they DO say they're going to call me back, I don't consider it firm unless we set a specific date and time. That's just the way it goes with GNW. A lot of times they're just shopping for price and other times, they happen into some place with a notary present, get it done, and think no more of it.

I just consider it part of the landscape for GNW and don't give it a second thought.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.