Notary Rotary
I feel like this is a dumb question but,
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by F2F/FL on 11/13/12 6:30am
Msg #443136

does Thanksgiving count as a non-countable day on the RTC? And I will ask another while I am here, has anyone ever been asked to do a signing on Thanksgiving and would you charge extra if you were asked?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/13/12 6:34am
Msg #443138

Yes and yes. n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/13/12 6:39am
Msg #443139

Rescission calendar link

http://www.notaryrotary.com/library/2012-Loan-Rescission-Calendar.pdf?id=

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 11/13/12 7:28am
Msg #443142

Yes have worked on Thanksgiving. Paid extra.

Reply by F2F/FL on 11/13/12 7:37am
Msg #443143

Thank you for your responses and the RTC Calender link.

Reply by bfnotary on 11/13/12 8:42am
Msg #443152

I always charge more on holidays, how much more depends on the time, and if I need to juggle around any plans to accommodate that signing or not. Last year a week or so before Thanksgiving was my first signing. I did one on thanksgiving last year and one on christmas eve. Those are the only I have had. (holidays I mean). And yes I considered Christmas eve a holiday. My family has traditions on Christmas Eve as well. But since that one was earlier in the day and did not interfere with my plans I did not charge extra, however I did not take my lowest fee either. I told them my average fee.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/13/12 8:51am
Msg #443154

I don't accept closings on Christmas, New Year's Day, or Thanksgiving or on Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, or Thanksgiving Eve. I used to when I was new, but I quickly found those assignments to be a PITA every time, so now I just say no and enjoy my holiday with my family.

Reply by bfnotary on 11/13/12 9:45am
Msg #443168

I won't on christmas day or new years eve and day. Those are family times. Thanksgiving, it really depends, it has to be early enough. Because the afternoon is family time. Same with christmas eve. Evening is family time. And as far as Thanksgiving eve goes, as of now I will, but once we buy a house, we are going to be holding Thanksgiving there, and I will have a lot of prepping and cleaning, etc to do on Thanksgiving eve. But for now we have it at my moms house so no biggie for me.

Reply by CJ on 11/13/12 3:59pm
Msg #443240

I've worked every holiday but Christmas day.

I remember one miserable Christmas Eve. We were going to open gifts and I said I would be back in an hour and please wait for me. Well, the borrowers, (schduled late becuase they just got back from church) read EVERYTHING for two hours. I said I had to get back to my family. They had a "screw you" attitude. They did their Christmas thing -- too bad about my family. (How could they be so selfish on Christmas eve after church?)

But another Christmas Eve, I did SO many jobs: end of the month, rushing around to catch early cut-offs. I was totally frazzled. I ran out of food in the car and I was hungry. I was waiting for the appointment and a helicopter with Santa's sleigh went by. It just made me feel sad and lonely. I got to the borrowers house and they invited me for dinner before we signed: steak, salad, mashed potatos, and cute kids. It was really wonderful. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.