Notary Rotary
I know who cares, but I turned away 3
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 11/21/12 6:24am
Msg #444233

last minute signings, one very far away and late. so i only did 1 that was scheduled in advance in which i had everything on time and it went well. don't have the nervous system for all that rushing anymore.

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/21/12 9:04am
Msg #444248

I understand completely, it's sometimes just to stressful. Especially knowing full well that just because they called you "last minute" does not equate to having documents. Apparently, for many, these two things, which once unquestionably went together like "right hand, left hand" have been placed on opposite ends of the earth.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/21/12 9:16am
Msg #444249

Calls have already started coming in today for

same day closings. Had Epic Real Estate desperately trying to get a hold of me yesterday for a same day closing - I was busy working and could not answer their calls and email. When I got back to my computer I checked their rep and it's 1-star all the way, so no can do even if I had any availabilty yesterday, which I didn't! I am taking today off and am thinking that some of these loans just will not go today if they can't find notaries.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/21/12 9:42am
Msg #444251

Re: Calls have already started coming in today for

really and who needs all that stress, i've paid my dues. the signing service that called late last night was probably for a tc that couldn't find anyone for the 8pm 2 hour round trip signing. enjoy the day and t'giving. i have a lot to do today so i will not accept anything today.

Reply by Joe/NC on 11/21/12 9:52am
Msg #444252

Re: Calls have already started coming in today for

I had originally 4 for yesterday. 1 I called customer the night before and he told me wife wouldnt be there so I tried to work with him on a later time and he said 715 but 5 minutes later he called and put it on hold and wanted it for wednesday, I told him the LO would have to be the one to make that call. In the meantime I scheduled another closing in the 6 slot that was originally his and told the title company that his closing is on hold that he wants a different day and couldnt agree on a time. They call me tuesday complaining that I gave him 715, I told them no he wanted wednesday and that I already had one for 6 and couldnt get there by 715 but could do it later, they told me they would call back hey didnt.

I also had one for 5 and told that title company I need docs by 3 the latest I had other closings and I was leaving the house by 3. at 3 I called and cancelled the 5 clsoing due to not having docs on time, 10 minutes they call back we have docs uploaded, I tell them too late Im on road and wouldnt have time to return and print. they called again and said are you sure you cantr do it, YES I too have a schedule to keep and Told your company I needed docs by a certain time, they didint comply so sorry cant do it. I will be glad to reschedule for wednesday I told them.

Im am not stressing out anymore, if docs are not ready when I need them I will cancel, its not worth the hassle and I have been increasing the amount of signings I have been reveiving so I can be more selective now.

all in all I had 2 I did tuesday and 2 today. I have about 7 in a pending tray, no docs, delayed etc.

sorry to ramble

Joe/NC

Reply by CentralNY on 11/21/12 10:08am
Msg #444255

Amen Joe...

i don't mind working hard but it has literally becomes impossible to have any kind of a schedule, i won't be pushed anymore. like you say you were on the road. there is only so much that is humanly possible never mind keeping your sanity. 7 pending, YIKES!!!

Reply by ME/NJ on 11/21/12 12:09pm
Msg #444267

Limited myself to 4 today, turned down a few seems others in the area are doing the same. My last one is for 3pm and then the 400 mile drive to upstate NY. Everyone have a good holiday weekend.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/21/12 12:44pm
Msg #444277

To Grandmother's House You Go.......Enjoy n/m

Reply by Clem/CA on 11/21/12 1:55pm
Msg #444291

LOL turned down 8 yesterday but 3 were for the same loan with 3 different SS, couldn't find anyone in Santa Barbara.....

Reply by snowflake/PA on 11/21/12 2:46pm
Msg #444301

I turned away 3 today. Had GNW this AM which paid very well. Last minute calls are still coming in for tonight. Won't do it. Time to wind down, start cooking for tomorrow. And traffic is horrendous today.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/21/12 3:04pm
Msg #444307

There you go, relax and cook and enjoy.... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.