Notary Rotary
Initials even if no space....Don't if there is no space
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 11/1/12 12:42pm
Msg #441628

This is so infuriating. Hey lenders, if you want an initial at the bottom of the escrow account disclosure, then PUT A LINE for it.

Just got a "Quality issue" because I didn't have the borrowers initial at the bottom of the page. I always go thru one last time to make sure nothing is missed. Maybe if there was a line for the initial, I wouldn't have missed it. When you work for 100+ companies and many of them will doc your pay if you initial where there is no line, then you don't think "hey, I better go thru over the many pages of instructions that state that you need to make sure to initial this page".

I am not a "newbie", I have completed well over 4,000 loan signings.

Okay, end of my rant.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 11/1/12 12:53pm
Msg #441630

Sorry, but all I can say is if you continue to work for these people, you can count on this kind of treatment. I know this isn't necessarily helpful at this ponit; but it is something to consider. Working with 100+ companies means maybe you can dump the "quality issue" Bad Boys and have less to vent about. Works for me (most of the time!) and no regrets.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 11/1/12 12:55pm
Msg #441631

I agree totally. Not only is a line needed, type the word Initial after the line just like a typed line for a signature. And while we are wishing please don't put the very short line on the bottom left of the page mixed in with the title of the document.

If there is no line I don't get initials. I had one package that had a very short line on the right bottom side of the doc. I got initials. Then I was told I shouldn't have gotten initials as that was just a line from scanning.

You just can't win.

Jenny

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.