Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Is there a quick way to check distance to BO?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by ikando on 11/8/12 4:35pm
Msg #442664

I just got a call while away from my computer to do a closing tomorrow evening at 5:00 at a town on the far side of a county I serve. I knew it was some distance away, but not sure how far. I was offered less than what I normally receive for my home county.

Anyway, in the conversation the scheduler indicated it was only 40 miles from me. Once I could check, it is a minimum of 100 miles from me. I had countered with a fee that she said she would accept if they couldn't find someone else.

Does anyone know of a quick way to check distance using an Android app? If I'd had that option, I know I would have asked for more than I had countered. I know I've accepted the distance offered by the scheduler before, but this was way over. If I could check quickly, I could respond accordingly.

Please let me know what you use. BTW, Mapquest on my phone is very slow.

Reply by Deborah Breedlove on 11/8/12 4:56pm
Msg #442667

I use the Google Maps app on my Samsung Galaxy SIII, an android phone. The navigation feature gives directions, total miles and estimated time to arrive. It's pretty fast too.

I can put the caller on hold and use the app, then come back to the call when done.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 11/8/12 5:03pm
Msg #442671

You can also go to mapquest.com. It will give you time and distance.

After the first time you use it you can have the webpage store your home address so in the future you will just have to enter the destination address. It is quick and easy from your computer or smartphone.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 11/8/12 8:22pm
Msg #442698

Google Maps like Deborah said. . n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/8/12 10:44pm
Msg #442716

If you're away from your computer, use the GPS feature on

ur phone...I think that's the quickest way to find out the distance...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.