Notary Rotary
Looking for Good Reusable Stickys
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 11/2/12 7:04pm
Msg #441938

Does anyone have a product code and supplier they use for stickys to mark their signing packages they are willing to pass along? I use 3 different colors, one for initials, one signatures and one notarizations, but I've tried several brands and after a few uses they are done. Thanks!

Reply by parkerc/ME on 11/2/12 7:14pm
Msg #441939

Frankly, I wish I had stock in Post-It. I've reused the same "Signature" and colored stickies for over the last 150 signings and they are still going strong.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/2/12 7:18pm
Msg #441942

Not mine. I bought a package of different colored post its and I got maybe 10 uses out of them. And they are not cheap.

Reply by jba/fl on 11/2/12 8:58pm
Msg #441960

About time to save money and learn to do without n/m

Reply by parkerc/ME on 11/2/12 9:52pm
Msg #441962

To be more correct, the one's that I'm talking about are the Post-It Signature/SignHere/and little colored plastic sticky tabs. I get less than 10 uses for the colored Post-It notes.

Reply by Nellie Lennon on 11/3/12 4:43am
Msg #441975

I use Post-it stickys and they are wonderful. Directions say that some stickys will lift print and these will, so don't put them directly on print and you are good to go. I don't know for how long because they are still working just fine. Highly recommend them. Stick them on top of each other after use and use them over and over again.

Reply by Luckydog on 11/3/12 10:29am
Msg #441989

After you first 10 closings, why do you need "sticky's"? Just saying, you should know where they need to sign and initial, and point it out to them. I never put the package in front of the signers, I always hand them page by page and point to them while explaining. Simple.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/3/12 11:27am
Msg #441998

Re: Looking for Good Reusable Stickys...thumbs up!!

" I always hand them page by page and point to them while explaining. "

No stickies here either

Reply by PegiT_MN on 11/3/12 12:08pm
Msg #442002

Time to rip off that band-aid....

.....take those training wheels off.....put your big girl panites on.....you don't need no darn stickies......stickies are for newbies!

Just kidding.......but seriously......try a few signings without stickies and see how you do. It's just one less step in the process......and one less business expense. Just don't forget to double check your work at the table though.

Good luck.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/4/12 12:58am
Msg #442077

Re: Time to rip off that band-aid....

It also saves you lots of time! After a while, I think they're more of a nuisance than a help. But in an unfamiliar package, I can see the benefit - especially in the beginning.

Reply by bfnotary on 11/3/12 7:18pm
Msg #442025

Same here lucky dog. Much smoother signing that way, (and less of them reading too).

Reply by parkerc/ME on 11/3/12 1:02pm
Msg #442005

Whatever makes your boat float

To each their own. I will continue using stickies (as long as docs are not late and I have the time) because I've found that the borrowers seem to appreciate them, it moves the signing along faster, and it offers a degree of QC to eliminate the chance of missed signatures as I have to quickly remove them after signing. My big girl pants are probably bigger than most. :-)

Reply by Barb25 on 11/3/12 1:36pm
Msg #442007

Re: Whatever makes your boat float

I'm with you. Everybody should do what they want. Anyhow I use stickies sometimes with new-to-me lenders and also forms that I am not used to seeing that have items to be filled in or signatures in places I may miss. What take chances? That's me. I also invest in binder clip although I know some people use rubber bands. However it does irk me when I have to use the big fat ones....LOL.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/3/12 3:48pm
Msg #442011

Re: Whatever makes your boat float

I agree. I use stickies on a limited basis - I find them extremely helpful on the loan app and the HUD/VA addendum. Such busy forms and so many obscure places to sign and initial. I hand the borrowers all four pages and tell them, "This is your loan app, it is 4 pages. I flagged where you sign and initial - just follow the flags." I do this not because *I* will miss having these signature lines signed, but rather so the borrowers get all the places signed and initialed on that document as quickly as possible. I go document by document, not page by page. I do not hand them page 1 of the loan app and have them sign, then page 2, page 3, page 4 - I hand them the entire document no matter how many pages it is.

Like Barb I will also flag an unusual initial line or signature area. I would rather do that than miss it and have to go back. For example, often times the credit score disclosure form has an initial line on the bottom left side of the page. Sometimes it doesn't have one at all.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/3/12 9:12pm
Msg #442050

Re:Ripping Off the Bandaid May Hurt n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/3/12 9:28pm
Msg #442056

Credit Score Disclosure

Yes, I missed this initial area on the SECOND page of the Credit score discl. I didn't assume there was anything on the 2nd page to initial. Wrong!

(For me, the 'sign here' stickies aren't necessary; but I will use post-its as "dividers" in the stack: My Notarizations (yellow); BO sig (blue), etc. That way, I only have to use 3 or 4. If no post-its to be found, use color paper as markers. Then could maybe count # of sig places and write on the divider scrap)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.