Notary Rotary
My competition
Notary Discussion History

My competition
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by PJM/MI on 11/27/12 6:34am
Msg #444702

My competition

I went to a closing last night & the bo informed me that the closing was originally scheduled for one night last week with another closer. He called them an hr late & told him he would be there in 15 min. Shows up 2 hrs later (bo had told him she was NOT available after 8 pm). He told the bo that if she didn't sign docs that night she would lose her interest rate and be "stuck" with her old loan. No, she did NOT sign (hence, me being there last night). She called the title co & told them exactly what transpired and she was not a happy camper.
I may not be the best closer there is, and I too, have ran late for closings. But rudeness to a bo is a huge "no-no" in my book. Bo told me she is going to call the title co and thank them for sending me out instead of my competition.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 11/27/12 9:07am
Msg #444715

Good job! I've had similar experiences. n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 11/27/12 9:55am
Msg #444727

Always remember when you speak with any borrower, nice/pita/reader/distracted, that’s it’s money out of their pocket into yours (with portions sticking here and there before you get it) that you are in business for…treat them as your customers, and the source of your income.JMO

Reply by MW/VA on 11/27/12 11:24am
Msg #444738

They do appreciate those of us who are pros. I got

a good story last night. The borrowers had refi'd several times in the last couple of years. I was running late & I knew it was awkward, but I stayed in communication. They told me that the last one was a guy in a tee shirt & jeans, had emailed them their copy of the docs, and brought his wife (apparently a husband/wife team). The borrower said they clearly didn't know what they were doing & mentioned they will keep my card & request me for any future transactions. It was a tough day all around, but at least I went home reminded that it pays to bring some class & professionalism to the table! :-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.