Notary Rotary
Nations Direct
Notary Discussion History

Nations Direct
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Ashley Savage on 11/13/12 3:16pm
Msg #443225

Nations Direct

My very first post on the forum - I received a call about an hour ago from Nations Direct for a closing tomorrow in NJ with a fee of 65.00 - I explained that I could not do a refi for that amount and was told that I only needed to print one set of the docs and that is their price for a doc set refi. I have done work for Nations Direct in the past but do not ever recall being asked to work for such a low fee.

Question - is anyone else running into this with Nations ?

Thank you.

Reply by SharonMN on 11/13/12 3:27pm
Msg #443227

Nations Direct is a notorious lowballer. In fact, I'm surprised they offered you as much as $65.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/13/12 3:32pm
Msg #443228

You may want to check on Signing Central. If this is Nations Direct in Anaheim Hills, CA, they have a very poor record and terrible reviews.

Regardless of which company it is, YOU set your fees and decide what YOU can deal with. Don't let any hiring entity to tell you what "the standard fee is" or what they pay. YOU decide what you're worth. This is your business.

Just a thought .......

Reply by CJ on 11/13/12 3:40pm
Msg #443232

I don't trust them one bit. I used to work for them and constantly gave them the benefit of the doubt. I can't remember exactly what, but I got so fed up with their extra work, and their lowball fees, and their empty promises. No only do I tell them "no" and "take me off your list", but I tell them that I hope they go out of business. I think somehow they are affiliated to "Global" too. I know I get the same low-ball offers and then nothing but trouble from their jobs. I have both of them listed as "NO" in my phone ID.

I would not be surprised if that one set of docs you have to print turns out to be 200 pages with the borrower's copies included. And then surprise fax-backs in the morning. Just a guess.

Reply by ME/NJ on 11/13/12 7:37pm
Msg #443276

Might as well work for Walmart, at least they pay..lol n/m

Reply by SharonMN on 11/13/12 8:28pm
Msg #443291

Re: Might as well work for Walmart, at least they pay..lol

OK, I'll have to stick up for ND a little here.
I do work for them occasionally when they meet my fee, which is only about .04% of the time. I also worked for them quite a bit when I was starting out. I have NEVER had the slightest issue with getting paid. Although they do pay 45-60 days out, they pay automatically, on a schedule, and without needing to be prompted.

However, they are the most annoying outfit to work for. They require a lot of faxbacks and call you 50 times to check on things before, during, and after the signing. If you don't answer your phone at the table, they will call the borrower!

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/13/12 7:55pm
Msg #443284

Odd, my profile is supposed to be blocked, however; it's

Tuesday evening and this organization has managed (somehow) to contact me six times in the last 2 days. Based upon their reviews, who on earth would actually verbally contract with them?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.