Notary Rotary
New To Notary Signings
Notary Discussion History

New To Notary Signings
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Machele Coy on 11/29/12 11:17am
Msg #445033

New To Notary Signings

Hi I'm a new Notary and have signed up to do notary signings with several companies and have not had a single phone call yet. Does anyone have any ideas how I can start getting calls to start doing the signings? I have the E & O Insurance and have just applied for the background check.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Reply by Michelle/AL on 11/29/12 11:31am
Msg #445035

Hi Machele, I have good news and not-so-good news. The good news is that the answers to your question can be found here in past discussions. Thread #33325 can be pulled up by clicking on the orange search button, and entering that number. Over the years, members have provided excellent tips to newbies, like yourself, on how to get started in the line of work. That information has been permanently stored for our reference. We add information to that thread on almost a weekly/monthly basis. Now for the not-so-good news, it may take awhile before you get a phone call. If you take a look at the other notaries in your area, chances are they are currently being called for appointments. I suggest you use this slow period to learn everything you can and then do some marketing/advertising to let folks know you are open for business.

Reply by Luckydog on 11/30/12 11:45am
Msg #445154

Good luck to you! When I started years ago, I worked another job for the first 6-8 months or so. When the time comes when you get steady calls you can leave your first job, then you know you are on your way. Starting out is slow. Most SS have their people and do not like to use "green" closers. You will pick up at the EOM when everyone is busy, the lowballers who cannot find anyone else, and that is unfortunate, but true. Just have to hang in there, gain experience so they see what you can do and are dependable. Go on Signing Central for the company names and emails and start filing out their applications. One trick is to read the reviews and see if they have reviews from within your state. If so, you know they may call you. If not, probably means they do no business in your area. Do not undercut the competition in price, that just makes you look inferior to them. Read what other notary's are doing in your town and their profiles and see how your's fits in. Always answer your phone, be on time, and soon your business will grow.
Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.