Notary Rotary
Notary Direct
Notary Discussion History

Notary Direct
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Alison Riccio on 11/8/12 11:32am
Msg #442618

Notary Direct

I have seen a lot of info about Notary Direct and wanted to post my experience. I will preface all of this with I have not yet been paid for the closings I have done with them, but the payments are not yet due yet. I was hesitant to take my first closing with Notary Direct after seeing the negative feedback on this and other Notary Boards. When the fee is reasonable, I will try a company once, unless I see ethical issues on the boards. I have done several closings for Notary Direct now. The fee in comparable to the average I get in this area, and I have had no problem getting trip fees approved when I have to travel long distances. The people I speak to in the office are always polite and knowledgeable. I work with many different signing companies, and I have to say they are one of my preferred to work with. Now if in about 15 days, I am having trouble getting paid, I will be posting a follow up to this post, but considering the great experience I have had so far, I am not anticipating any problems.

Reply by CJ on 11/8/12 2:11pm
Msg #442634

I have never had any problems getting paid by them.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/9/12 8:38pm
Msg #442846

they just called-$85 for edocs w/ 40 pg fax back!!! n/m

Reply by James Sanders on 11/22/12 1:17am
Msg #444349

Update Please!!!

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/3/12 2:35pm
Msg #445400

Just emailed these guys and told them to reschedule a signing. They called me to schedule last week and I said yes before I looked them up on NotRot, but got no docs yet for a 5PM signing an hour away from me... not worth the hassle for $125 and nobody mentioned faxbacks, which I don't do.

Reply by AM_NC on 12/20/12 12:37pm
Msg #447232

They are ridiculously low pay but I have worked for them when they meet my fee. But not any more.
I had an assignment and the borrower was not returning my calls. My policy is I don't go to signings if I cannot confirm with the borrower.
I emailed this info to my contact and asked for alternate contact info and contact help from the LO and Title. So my contact calls me, doesn't bother identifying himself, and starts spewing nastiness to me and demands "you have to go even if you don't make contact, we pay trip fee" lousy amount by the way. I tell him sorry my policy is no contact no go. He just keeps getting nastier, but says he'll call title. I keep trying to contact borrower but with no luck.

I get a call the next day from my Notary Direct contact, again no identification as to who he is, just starts spewing nastiness again. Of course I know who it is at this point but I stop him and say excuse me who is this, to make him id himself. And then I ask why are you being so nasty with me? And he starts quoting their policy to me. So I start quoting my policy to him and explain how for my safety as a woman going to a strangers home and how to make sure the borrower is prepared with proper identification documents and to confirm their awareness of the appointment and that all signers will be present etc, etc. So he says well if you won't just show up then I'll just re-assign this to someone else. So I said be my guest.
And after I hung up I called his company and called a higher up and registered a complaint about his nasty behavior. Unfortunately I only got the VP's voicemail but at least I got to make my point. I don't care about working for this company. I wrote them off months ago when they sent out a silly email saying they were lowering their fees and I told them I wouldn't work for their low fees.
They call me and I only take jobs when they can get my fee approved. From now on if I receive a call I'm just going to tell them I won't work for their company any more. I'm a professional and I won't work for a company that won't treat me like one.

Reply by Alison Riccio on 2/14/13 2:38pm
Msg #455859

I have now done quite a few signings for this company, and they always pay. The pay is lower than many, yes, but the quantity of signings I get from them, (up to 4 a week) when other companies are a little slower is worth it. They have always been great for me to work with too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.