Notary Rotary
Okay, I've changed my mind
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 11/16/12 11:44am
Msg #443631

This is applicable to the discussion some threads back about what to do about venue statements that preface affidavits, rather than notarial certifications. Previously, I had taken the position that venue should always follow the notary's feet, and that applied regardless of where the venue statement was placed -- whether at the top of the affidavit, or at the beginning of the notarial certificate. If it prefaced the affidavit, and if it said venue was in Orange County CA, but the notarization was in Travis County TX, then I "corrected" the venue statement.

Then I had a split signing, with affidavits prefaced by a venue statement for California. If I changed the venue statement to Texas, that was going to be incorrect for the California signer. If I left it, it was going to be incorrect for the Texas signer.

So...what I've decided to do in the future is what some of the wiser heads on NotRot have been doing all along. I'm going to provide a notarial certificaion that is correct for my signer, and leave the venue allegation that prefaces the affidavit alone in all its misconstructed agony. There is an added advantage to such an approach: It gives me the opportunity to feel superior to the lender and/or TC and/or lawyer who drew up the bastardized affidavit in the first place.

Isn't it great when everythig comes together?

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/16/12 12:04pm
Msg #443633

Beautiful.

Just when we think we have seen it all...that makes perfect sense.

Reply by jba/fl on 11/16/12 1:18pm
Msg #443647

I'm in total agreement. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.