Notary Rotary
Optima Lender Services G/B/U
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Yowheelz on 11/28/12 11:06am
Msg #444887

Got email requesting signup, not on SC or search. Anyone heard of them?

Reply by panotary1 on 11/28/12 11:08am
Msg #444888

You read my mind! I was just going to post that! I also received said email. I did a search and found a Optima Funding mentioned in a 2006 post but I'm not sure if they are the same.

Reply by ananotary on 11/28/12 11:09am
Msg #444889

How funny, was just going to do a search for them

too because I received their email. Smile

Reply by PegiT_MN on 11/28/12 11:10am
Msg #444890

LOL.....I just received that very same e mail. I am wondering the same thing as I don't see anything about them in SC either.

Reply by JODI GANDOLFO on 11/28/12 11:16am
Msg #444893

I also just received there package, any info?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 11/28/12 11:20am
Msg #444897

They are emailing across the country. Me too.

Reply by Frank/NC on 11/28/12 11:16am
Msg #444894

Also got the e-mail and have no intentions of providing them with list of my clients so they can go and solicit them. Are they a new company in business or an offshoot of some other company or possibly a company owned by someone else who worked under another name and was a deadeat. Does anyone have any history working with them or have additional information about them before we start providing our information to them?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/28/12 11:24am
Msg #444898

Got the Same Email

They sure want a lot of information. Someone email them back and ask for their business license, years of experience, client references and SA references Smile

Reply by ananotary on 11/28/12 11:25am
Msg #444899

FrankN/C- When a SC asks for references, I only

give them SC references. NEVER do I give my direct escrow or title companies for reference. Smile

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 11/28/12 11:29am
Msg #444903

Re: Got the Same Email

The application packet looks very familiar. I can't pinpoint the company.

Reply by Carl DeMatteo on 11/28/12 11:29am
Msg #444901

I received the same email and replyed to that asking for their references, how long in business and background.
I'll post update

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/28/12 11:35am
Msg #444904

Way To Go Carl :) n/m

Reply by NC_Closer on 11/28/12 11:51am
Msg #444908

I received it as well and logged in here for info

I replied that before I would consider working with them I was requesting their fee schedule; base, print, fax. I'm not playing a game of lowest fee wins because I'm certain there are some that will quote lower.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 11/29/12 1:43pm
Msg #445062

Re: I received it as well and logged in here for info

I received the same email. Yes, their packet looks familiar. I looked back and it's almost the same as Mortgage Connect. I printed it out, but haven't filled it out yet. Wondering what they want to pay. I can't give them what I charge, each closing is different, travel is always different, fax-backs, no fax-backs, etc etc.

Reply by Patricia/VT on 11/28/12 12:22pm
Msg #444915

Received the same, & could only find Optima Funding on NR. Will be interested in Carl's update.

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 11/28/12 12:31pm
Msg #444918

Yes, Carl we should all do the same... n/m

Reply by PegiT_MN on 11/28/12 12:24pm
Msg #444916

I Got The Scoop on Optima Lender Services

I called them.....told them I got their e mail regarding signing up with them and I had a few questions.

1. They are a title company licensed in 34 states....so I am guessing if you got the e mail from them......it means they are licensed in your state.

2. They are affiliated with Mortgage Connect and that is how they got your information.....if you have ever closed a loan with Mortgage Connect you are in the Optima Lender Services database.

3. They have no fee structure. They are using the same fee structure as Mortgage Connect. She said that whatever you got paid with Mortgage Connect.....that is what you will get paid with them.

4. They supposedly have taken on a major lender starting in January......which she was not at liberty to tell me......but it wasn't any of the ones that I guessed.....Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America, Citi, US Bank, Provident Funding......I ran out of guesses.

5. I asked if they were going to have much business in Minnesota and she said "I can't predict the future Ma'am".

Hope this helps everyone.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/28/12 12:41pm
Msg #444921

Was feeling left out ... :(

Didn't get the email. Guess PegiT's info 'splains. Have never worked with Mortgage Connect.

Thanks, PegiT!

Reply by jba/fl on 11/28/12 12:46pm
Msg #444923

Not me feeling left out.

In the link, states they are "vendor management company" which always tells me they are keeping as much money in their pockets as they can.

Reply by sp/MI on 11/28/12 12:58pm
Msg #444927

Re: I Got The Scoop on Optima Lender Services

That will explain their "sign-up" package that looks suspiciously like Mortgage Connects new one they sent to everyone. I have been able to get what I ask for with Mortgage Connect and I am NOT low balling. Sometimes I have to turn it down because they cannot pay my fee. I am not completing either's paperwork and if that means Mortgage Connect doesn't call.... oh well.

Reply by MB_AZ on 11/28/12 12:27pm
Msg #444917

Just Googled them and came up with this. And, I never give out my business contacts for references either.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/optima-lender-services-honored-by-charter-one-bank-and-jumpstart-inc-157548005.html

Reply by MW/VA on 11/28/12 12:36pm
Msg #444920

I think everyone got that, but it's one of those cos.

that wants D/L & auto insurance info. I'm too busy right now but was going to think about it. If they are connected with MortgageConnect I wouldn't be interested anyway. IMO we don't need any more lowball, volume cos. out there. That's the name of the game these days, of course, but I won't play that game.

Reply by RonnieB/NC on 11/28/12 3:57pm
Msg #444954

Re: I think everyone got that, but it's one of those cos.

I am with you.

Reply by sp/MI on 11/28/12 12:51pm
Msg #444925

Has anyone read the sign-up paperwork? They have a blanket authorization to share all the info you give them to anyone they do business with. They are doing a motor vehicle search? Why do they want a copy of auto insurance? You are an independant contractor, not an employee of them. You cannot sue them for a car accident you get into when you are on an assignment you accepted from them.... so why do they need this info? They are also requiring minimum of $100,000 E&O Insurance. If they say you did not complete the package as necessary, they will pay you nothing. They will not agree to provide documents in a timely manner (in other words they expect you to sit by your computer and wait for the docs and then rush out in the last minute or later to do the signing). TOO MUCH!

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 11/28/12 2:14pm
Msg #444941

I sent them an email here is the reply

Dear Signing Agent,

Thank you for your interest in Optima Lender Services (OPTIMA). Currently, we are licensed in 34 states. At this time, CA is not one of them. However, because we are continually growing and expanding, this state was included. If you would like us to have your information on file, please feel free to send in the requested information.

Optima's centralized operation is located in Cleveland, OH and has been fully operational for over a year. OPTIMA's executive management team proudly boasts over 150 years' experience in the industry.

All vendor emails were distributed based upon referrals. As fees vary across the nation, we do not have a standard fee sheet. Please submit your most competitive rates for your coverage area(s). We value our vendor partners and as an approved vendor, you will receive prompt payment for your services.

For more information about OPTIMA, please visit www.optimalenderservices.com or visit our Facebook page.

Thank you for your time and have a fantastic day!

You can return the package via email to: [e-mail address] or via fax at 855-540-2207.

If you have any questions, please contact our vendor relationship team at 888-249-9233.

Sincerely,

Vendor Relationship Team
OPTIMA Lender Services

Reply by Rose/TX on 11/28/12 3:58pm
Msg #444955

Re: I too received the email BLAST from OPTIMA

I'm so glad I checked with my fellow notaries at NR. Love your comments and can feel at ease knowing I didn't fall for another low ball company. I have done some work with Mortgage Connect, but it was difficult getting paid, seems my fee was WAYYYY too much, but they needed someone in a pinch so they had to pay me. Thanks everyone for your comments!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.