PITA forms
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Clem/CA on 11/10/12 11:46pm
Msg #442989

PITA forms

1. Statement of information...

2. Read and approved payoffs with added sig lines

3. unsigned tax forms

4. Non filled out Certifications of trust.

5. unsigned prelim loan apps

6. Initialed pages of Insurance coverage

7. Read and approved termite inspections

8. Initialed Escrow instructions

9. Initialed GFE

10. Appraisals included with docs

11. All docs sent with the two little holes at the top showing they were on the clip board for months!

You know all that "stuff" that should have been emailed direct to the BOs with a return label, or OK'd on line... the non notarized "stuff". The "stuff" that we print, in duplicate, for the of Title that should have already been done. The "stuff" that makes our printers old before their time and cost us paper, toner, and time!

LOL The list goes on and on, BUT if we didn't have to do Titles job and are "stuck" with just our own job, what would we complain about besides....

1 Underpayment

2. Late docs

3. No docs

4. all docs on legal

5. docs scanned as Jpegs

6. too many RTCs

7. Duplicate docs in package.

9. JP in the DW forum

10. Newbie questions

11 Chase

12. Hugh

Reply by docs1954CA on 11/11/12 12:58am
Msg #442990

Well done, but I have to add;

PCOR's and DTT tax affidavits not completed and "required" to be.

Reply by Buddy Young on 11/11/12 1:24am
Msg #442991

Re: Well done, but I have to add;

How about 3 copies of the 1003 and 6 copies of the TIL

Reply by bagger on 11/11/12 8:37am
Msg #442992

My addition from Illinois!

ADDENDUM TO LOAN APPLICATION

Are you in a Civil Union or a Domestic Partnership?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 11/11/12 10:14am
Msg #442997

I agree bagger. Most borrowers look at me and just laugh

I have signed civil union borrowers several times, but haven't had to present this form to any yet. It's coming. Couple months ago I signed a nice young gentleman. When I got there I was introduced to his partner and his other partner. They had a 3some going on. Whatever. Not my cup of tea, but I respect it.

Reply by ToniK on 11/11/12 9:51am
Msg #442995

I agree. Thats why I price myself accordingly since now they are added more docs and requiring more time at the table. Now for the Statement of Information, i will not fill that out at the table. I can leave it with the BO and they can fill it out on their own time and fax it in.

I had one closing that had eight 1003...UGH!!! and Bo's always ask why they have to fill out duplicate docs.

Reply by LynnNC on 11/11/12 9:55am
Msg #442996

The appraisal...

...which should have been in the hands of the borrowers at least 3 days before the closing.

Reply by ToniK on 11/11/12 10:15am
Msg #442998

Re: The appraisal...

I dont print that out. The appraiser gets paid $400+ to do an appraisal...not my responsibility to print all that out. I agree with your statement.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/11/12 6:55pm
Msg #443011

Re: The appraisal...

I agree, ToniK. Besides, half the time, they've already received an email copy. There's almost always another way to handle it.

My two big pet peeves are the SOI and the title docs asking for details about the current loan, HOA info, and homeowner's insurance, etc., when they've already included copies of the payoff demand and statements from the rest of it in the package, so we just end up copying from documents they provided. The only thing worse is when those pages AREN'T there and the BOs have to go look it all up. Wink

Another really annoying part of all of this is when you can tell that someone just rushed through pulling the docs together and if they're not sure if they included something, they just add it to the pile again to be sure - so we end up getting it twice. I get that they're very busy and the last thing on their minds is our cost of printing or how much extra time it takes for us - and the borrowers - at the table. But it sure would be nice it that wasn't the case!

I think it's unlikely we'll get much sympathy about all of these issues because the settlement agents have enough problems of their own (that's a job I certainly wouldn't want!!), but you'd think someone up the line in the process would have a care about the borrowers' and putting them through the extra hassle. People talk, and share with others what their experience was like. We can sometimes smooth over some of it for the client at the table, but only up to a point.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/11/12 10:32am
Msg #443000

I agree with all of you...so many things slip through the cracks...where does the buck stop? Lots of these things are required as prior to funding conditions, can't fund until all these documents are back to funding department.

In the old days I know things weren't done right, and many lenders fell short of compliance.

But these days, all the i's must be dotted, t's crossed...big fines if lenders don't do their due diligence. Audit findings could close their doors.

With the level of experience of lenders' staff, I would say we will continue to see more of these disclosures at the table, last minute stuff we get to deal with...dig in...it has just begun.

Reply by Jack/AL on 11/11/12 10:54am
Msg #443001

HisHughness is one of my favorite things about the forum! n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 11/11/12 11:19am
Msg #443002

Re: HisHughness is one of my favorite things about the forum!

I agree, Jack, even though he can deliver a hard slam, we all love Hugh for His Hughness.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/11/12 7:31pm
Msg #443013

I've come to enjoy Hugh's humor on the forum. ;-) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.