Notary Rotary
Power finally on again here. Up and running if I get
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 11/1/12 8:54am
Msg #441604

any calls. I had 3 calls on Monday for same day closings. I just couldn't believe it! I told them I was on the East Coast and without power. "Don't you people pay attention to the news?" Probably more importantly, don't you have a map so you know where you are calling.

"Well - we have to try to get them scheduled." "Good luck with that was my response."

No real estate transaction is that critical during a severe weather emergency.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/1/12 9:12am
Msg #441606

Good luck to you, Jacqueline. Should be interesting to see how fast everything gets back to normal. Winter is here! Lots of infrastructures need to be restored QUICKLY.

All the best!

Reply by jba/fl on 11/1/12 9:13am
Msg #441607

We had the same insensitivity during 2004 hurricane

season....Let it go. They have no clue. They work in an office and are given chores to do to fill their days for that nice little paycheck. They are just trying to earn it...the best they know how.

You, on the other hand, just plug your nose and respond that you are treading water right now - are they calling about the sump pump? Carpet cleaning? - just whatever. Keep your humor - it will save your sanity.

Remember: you and your family are the most important persons right now - all this other stuff is fluff - just fluff. Take a laugh break when they call.....

Reply by MikeC/TX on 11/1/12 4:20pm
Msg #441690

Not to mention that...

"Well - we have to try to get them scheduled." "Good luck with that was my response."

What's the point in scheduling a closing that has just gone through a major hurricane? Most of the lenders will want to make sure the house is still standing before they fund...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.