Notary Rotary
RESPA Signing: How do you respond when
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 11/9/12 6:10pm
Msg #442818

Borrower asks, "are you going to be the notary throughout this?" Uh . . .

Met a terrific young couple tonight with the cutest little golden-haired tyke (boy) you'd ever want to see; hope I can return (turns out we're neighbors!)

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/9/12 6:31pm
Msg #442822

Say "I'd like to be" (if you really do)

And tell them you have no control over the rest of the process, but let them know they have some input with their LO.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/9/12 8:03pm
Msg #442838

Re: Say "I'd like to be" (Thank You!) n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 11/9/12 7:17pm
Msg #442829

This takes me back to the era of hot type journalism

*** the cutest little golden-haired tyke (boy)***

Before the advent of computers, we editorial types would prepare our copy on typewriters, and it went to the composing room where it was set in type on a Linotype machine; the process required the Linotype operator to type in the piece on his machine, just as we had on the typewriter.

One of the things that every writer on a newspaper had to learn was never ever to refer to a child as "tow-headed." Whether inadvertently or -- most likely -- deliberately, that would always come out "two-headed." We editorial types looked down our noses at the grubby printers, though our disdain was mixed with a great deal of envy. Printers were unionized, and thus made more money and had better working conditions that we did out front, and they understandably thought we were sort of dumb to cling to our rugged individuallism. The two-headed kids were just a way of twisting the knife a bit.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/9/12 7:47pm
Msg #442833

Re: This takes me back to the era of hot type journalism

Ah, but would the "grubby printers" fall for reverse psychology if the "rugged editors" used
"two-headed"? The grubby printers would at least have to give the editor/individualist credit for trying to even the playing field, yes?

Reply by cal2az on 11/9/12 10:17pm
Msg #442859

Re: This takes me back to the era of hot type journalism

OK. If you ever can not make a living notarizing - you really need to try stand up comedy Smile My husband is almost as funny as you, but he won't try it.

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/9/12 11:23pm
Msg #442864

Re: If we get along I ask them to request me for the docs

and I have given them a card just for that purpose.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/10/12 4:59pm
Msg #442960

Re: If we get along I ask them to request me for the docs

That's funny you should say this, 'cause I was presenting the page of recommended settlement providers - and it was blank. I mentioned to borrower that he has the "right to pick his settlement agent." What I wanted to add was: And that means MyFavorite TC - 'cause they'll try and get ME!

Note: If VA enacts mandatory Title Licenses for notaries, that's another issue Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.