Notary Rotary
Scanned documents issue
Notary Discussion History

Scanned documents issue
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 11/24/12 11:48am
Msg #444494

Scanned documents issue

Three times last month, I received documents that had not been scanned correctly so that legal pages were cut off. A couple of times, I did not discover this error until I was already at the borrower's home. Too late to contact the sender for correctly scanned documents, and the signing had to be abandoned. Yesterday I had the same issue with WF docs, and had to request legal pp be rescanned and resent for borrower to sign.

Any one else having this issue? Seems like no one has the time to make sure what they are sending out to the NSA is accurately scanned, and must redo it and resend to the notary for signing. On one evening, last day of the month to sign, I attended the signing any way because I couldn't reach SS or escrow at late 8pm signing, couldn't reach the borrower because I didn't have a good number, only an address. Borrower didn't like his numbers, so we didn't sign. What a waste of my time...of course, three sets of documents never showed on this particular evening, although I received confirmations that I would be getting docs. Borrowers were perplexed and disappointed.

Crazy! One yesterday, rate lock expires on Monday...if this is so imporant, why can't we get "usable" documents the first time...

Reply by OR on 11/24/12 12:33pm
Msg #444497

Re: Scanned documents issue--hate that too

I have decided if the docs come the worng size I will call and have them fixed. My printer will not print a doc scaned the worng size. I have to fix them and then print it page by page. I had a Chase loan that had 35 pages the wrong size. Title resent the docs and the first 10 pages were still the wrong size. I think we "all" report it then they will have to fix that stuff. If we make a mistake you can be sure the Title Company will report it.

Reply by Barb25 on 11/24/12 2:04pm
Msg #444504

I have run into this issue also. Sometimes there is nothing you can do except have them rescan. If you CANNOT see the whole page when you bring up the file, it is just not there. If it is there, there is hope.

You will probably have to take it off of choose page size by PDF and let it shrink to fit page. That should/could work. Set it to legal so it does not shrink down to a microscopic size.

I know in the case of one TC I receive docs from everything prints fine using choose by PDF size. The HUD is always scanned at 10 x xx ... Whatever... I finally figured if I print that by turning off choose page size automatically and set to print Legal (even though oversized) and in this case, I print actual size on my printer, it is PERFECT.... In my case this is always in another file. But I pulled my hair out for a while until I got there.. Nobody has time to play these games with files... especially when docs are typically late and even if they are not. I concur, It is not "one" more of our hats.

Reply by Louis Pescarmona on 11/24/12 5:59pm
Msg #444521

This happened to me a while back. That is, pages that should have been printed on legal came out on letter size, so they were chopped off. Then, I put legal size paper in my letter tray for those pages and they printed correctly. A pain, but it worked.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/24/12 11:42pm
Msg #444537

How frustrating! Maybe some new employee(s) need some lessons on how to set their scanners to scan properly...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.