Notary Rotary
ServiceLink/Bank of America
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Lemley Nortary Public Services - Kathleen on 11/7/12 10:55am
Msg #442499

I signed up with ServiceLink the first of the year. I did some signings for Citibank and Chase and have been paid without incident. I also did signings for Bank of America and am still waiting to get paid. BofA required over 70 page faxbacks and several mile drive.We are talking August 2012. This is a company that pays within 10 days. I called the Department of Banking and a very helpful gentleman there said I should definitely file a complaint with the Comptroller of Currency, which I did. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Pennsylvania. No on at ServiceLink has returned a call to this day. My next move is Helpwithmybank.gov. and the FTC, which I have the phone number. Just an FYI, steer clear of ServiceLink/Bank of America.

Reply by pat/WA on 11/7/12 10:57am
Msg #442501

Did you send an invoice to Service Link Vendor Services?

Reply by Lemley Nortary Public Services - Kathleen on 11/7/12 10:59am
Msg #442503

absolutely

Reply by LMS on 11/7/12 11:10am
Msg #442505

I do them all the time and have never had a problem being paid. On the Bank Of America signings for them, you do not do status online, they do it for you, after they give you the ok to ship. Then you go ONLINE and EINVOICE. You do not send an invoice for to them for payment. You only send an invoice for Wells Fargo closings. Einvoice's are paid the following week.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/7/12 11:15am
Msg #442508

i agree. if you have been paid for previous banks i would think it has nothing to do with it being a boa loan. just real quirky invoicing practices but if you follow them as you know you get paid quickly.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/7/12 1:58pm
Msg #442530

My personal experience: ServiceLink/Bank of America - faxback/scan required docs (I usually get ok from coordinator to ship immediately after scanning - no need to wait for shipping authorization; notify coordinator of completion; e-invoice on SL website; receive payment ~10 days.

For example, in today's mail: 1 check for signing on 10/25 & 10/30/12. I'd say that's pretty good turnaround.

Reply by notary/OR on 11/7/12 3:23pm
Msg #442538

If you have not been paid for a signing which you e-invoiced for, send an email to [e-mail address] and let them know that you are missing payment. Servicelink is a great company and I don't know about other notaries but they send me one or two signing almost every day and pay me a solid fee for them. They are not a bad company...but they are busy. You can also call vendor billing, let me know if you need the number.

Reply by Lemley Nortary Public Services - Kathleen on 11/7/12 6:38pm
Msg #442556

I have the number but never did get a live person always had to leave a message. No reply by e-mail or phone. The person in the Comptroller's office seemed confident that he would get a response.

Reply by Lemley Nortary Public Services - Kathleen on 11/7/12 6:40pm
Msg #442557

that is the response I am getting from ServiceLink/Chase, ServiceLink/Citibank.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 11/7/12 3:43pm
Msg #442541

If you would have contacted Vendor Management they would have helped you out. There's a procedures list on how to get paid based on the file number. If you didn't go into the www.servicelinkfnf.com to generate your invoice after getting the approval to ship you WON"T BE PAID. Them's the rules with SL

Reply by Jack/AL on 11/7/12 5:27pm
Msg #442551

I, too, was confused until this past weekend. I wondered why I'd not been paid for several closings. I sent an email, as suggested above in another response. I said that I'm confused about the inputting of status, and about how to get paid. Got replies from two individuals, explaining the process, relatively clearly. If there are 7 digits in the work order number, you'll end up completing SL's excel file format with one billing for all loans signed during a month, submit it online to [e-mail address], and get paid 2 or 3 weeks later. IF THERE ARE 8 DIGITS in the order number, you'll status online, and continue by clicking on an E-Invoice icon, and submitting the signing info, and printing yourself a copy (which apparently saves it for SL's accounting folks to see). They check the site once every few days. When your collective invoice for the past several days no longer appears, that means someone on accounts payable has moved it and is preparing your check. It can be confusing, at first, but is easier after the first experience.

Reply by Gilda Murray on 11/7/12 6:13pm
Msg #442553

I completed a signing back in early Sept for BOA it was for one borrower. The order# was paid successfullly. 30 days later I received a call from Servicelink requesting me to return due to the fact she married and wanted to add her spouse to the documents. I was sent a new set of documents (140) pages for her to resign and to get his signature on the Marital Docs plus went through the whole procedure with the fax backs and all. At the end of Oct. I submitted my e-invoice and it indicated" order# paid." "Wrong" first trip, not second. I contacted vendorbilling to clear this up and have not received a response. The confirmation for the second trip listed my regular fee and included the same order# as the first trip. I am declining BOA signings until this matter is cleared and I get paid.

Reply by Lemley Nortary Public Services - Kathleen on 11/7/12 6:35pm
Msg #442555

Did that. I read the rules especially on getting paid for the service very carefully.

Reply by Bee_CA on 11/7/12 11:45pm
Msg #442584

On the files that need an e-invoice, if I didn't get paid when I thought I should have, I just create another e-invoice. That usually does the trick and I receive payment in the next check.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.