Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Sic'd the Secretary of State on two non-payers today!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Claudia Brown on 11/1/12 6:59pm
Msg #441731

NREIS is one, Hart-Lee is the second. With NREIS I got another "checks have been going out, you should get it in a couple weeks" song and dance. This time I asked the person (they're NEVER the same) if she was logging in my call and she said yes. I said GOOD, please note my next call is going to be to the PA Secretary of State and Attorney General to see which one will take action against them. Pause. Okay, she says quietly. I did, in fact, leave a message with the SOS and I will follow up. I'm owed from January.

So since I was in a litigious mood, I emailed Hart-Lee down in South Carolina and notified her that unless I had a check issued by Monday morning, I was going to call the SOS of South Carolina to have her notary commission revoked. THAT got me a return email within minutes, and so called "proof of payment" faxed in 30 minutes. Payment was supposedly held up because of a missing W-9. Hmmm, seems to me she could have responded sometime between July and November to my monthly email invoice, or my voice mail.

I guess 50% on the collections isn't bad for the day.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/1/12 7:29pm
Msg #441736

I LOVE IT! n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/1/12 8:14pm
Msg #441745

GOOD JOB! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 11/1/12 8:39pm
Msg #441752

Kudos! I love the creativity & thinking of contacting the

SC SOS about having her commission revoked. That's a great idea for those notaries that set up shop & then don't pay those they've farmed the work out to.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.