Notary Rotary
Sunshine Signing
Notary Discussion History

Sunshine Signing
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Kim Drussel on 11/17/12 5:15pm
Msg #443803

Sunshine Signing

Has anyone worked with Sunshine Signing? I've done 3 closings with them and they are not paying me.

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/17/12 5:18pm
Msg #443804

Not a lot of experience, but the 2 I did do paid in 30 days. Be aware that they are a no sign/fund=no pay outfit....which is why I quit at 2.

Reply by ToniK on 11/17/12 5:27pm
Msg #443807

I get paid within 30-45 days. No issues here.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/17/12 5:37pm
Msg #443808

Never had an issue with them!

Reply by pat/WA on 11/17/12 5:51pm
Msg #443811

They are good

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/17/12 5:53pm
Msg #443814

And why aren't they paying you? n/m

Reply by Carolyn Breckenridge on 11/17/12 6:06pm
Msg #443817

Sunshine

They are awesome. Their checks are like clockwork. I take all I can do.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/17/12 6:33pm
Msg #443821

My thoughts exactly

IMHO, three no signs or cancellations in a row, are highly unlikely. This is especially true as people are still getting historically low interest rates.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 11/17/12 7:22pm
Msg #443834

Not enough info in OP to determine if they were

... no signs or cancellations. I think you may be confusing another posters comments regarding no signs or cancellations.

Kim hasn't responded yet. It may be something as simple as needing to provide them with a W-9?

I don't preform loan signings for Sunshine (won't meet my fees), but the other work I have done for them has always been paid in full and on time as agreed. No signs or possible cancellations were never a concern with that specific work when it came to payment.

Personally, I don't preform signings for companies that are not willing pay me for work I perform if the signers refuse to sign or cancels the loan through no fault of mine. My payment is never contingent upon the funding status of any loan. As a notary in TX, I cannot have any financial interest in the transactions. If I did my part correctly, I expect to be paid as agreed. Those companies either have to accept my payment terms or they have to go to someone else.

Reply by Kim Drussel on 11/19/12 11:30am
Msg #443994

Thanks Everyone for your responses. I had a really good conversation with Brent the Operations Manager at Sunshine Signing Connections and everything is cleared up. I believe they are a reputable company. We just started off with some tough closings. One was way out of my area, on back roads and it was dark. I went anyway to earn the business and figured I would be in and out in less than an hour. The place I was going to looked very close to town but ended up being out in the country. My GPS wasn't much help...

The borrower read every document (out loud) before he would sign anything. I'm serious, I kept refering to the copies I had available for him to read after the signing but he wanted to do it his way. He even read all 5 pages of the W-9, again outloud. His wife just sat there and patiently waited without saying anything.
I have been closing loans for a lot of years and never had this experience. I'm still trying to figure out what would have been the best way to deal with this situation. Oh, and he was the Chief of Police for the county we were signing in. Anyway, I guess my venting was not because of Sunshine but the situation in itself. Any suggestions on how to handle this type of closing? I wanted to ask him to call me when he was finished reading all his paperwork but considering the location and the time I didn't have too many options.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.