Notary Rotary
TRG: Title "Sales"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 11/8/12 6:02pm
Msg #442678

Nov 6 (craigslist ad for Title Service Rep) . . . Am I missing something? Do you get paid more if you work with one of the "sister" companies? Are "aggressive"? "Sales-oriented?" Who are we marketing TO?

<<This role is responsible for promoting, securing and servicing business from assigned real estate offices and other prospective sources while developing and maintaining relationships with Real Estate Agents in assigned territories. The Title Service Representative must establish a professional working rapport with title contacts and client representatives, as well as assist with closing settlement transactions. Seeking aggressive, sales-oriented individuals.

Minimum requirements:

A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A valid Driver's license is required as well as a personal working car. (Insurance is provided by employee.) Strong communication skills, technical skills (email, blackberry), written communication skills and people skills are required. 2-3 years of sales experience is preferred.

Title Resource Group, LLC, a subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. >>

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/8/12 6:04pm
Msg #442679

1099? Benefits?? n/m

Reply by anotaryinva on 11/8/12 6:51pm
Msg #442688

OT: Nice meeting you today n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/8/12 10:32pm
Msg #442712

Re: OT: Nice meeting you today

You, too Amy! And THANK YOU for your support Smile

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/9/12 1:49am
Msg #442722

Not sure what your issue is. Like any other business, title companies have to market to acquire new clients to stay in business and, like other businesses, they hire employees to do that work. A title service rep is basically a salesperson for the title co. Many of them market to real estate agents and loan officers, since they're frequently the ones who refer a buyer (or borrower) to the title company. This sounds like a pretty typical job listing for this type of position.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/9/12 7:26am
Msg #442729

No "Issue," about Title Sales Reps

Mainly an observation (see my thread Msg #440086). By the job description, aren't we all "Title Reps" (perhaps not in the strictest sense, but fundamentally) and shouldn't we all be marketing our notary services in similar fashion? That's why it puzzled me about Title insurance-required states; then, MD notaries explained that there were TWO types of insurance.

We have to SELL ourselves in this gig, too. Just wanted to hear other opinions/comments.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/9/12 9:08am
Msg #442739

I think you're confusing "title rep" with "marketing rep"

When we go into a signing as a "rep of the title company" we are not marketing for them, at least not in a direct sense - we're not selling the company or marketing for new business - we there "on their behalf" to get the docs signed and notarized - no more, no less.

This Craigs List ad is for a marketer for the title company to garner new business and to maintain existing relationships. Public Relations if you will.

JMO

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/9/12 10:08am
Msg #442750

Marketing rep

Yes. Sales rep status = lots of schmoozing!! Been there, done that Smile

Agree NSAs are definitely NOT marketing in an assignment; what I was commenting on was if we want THEIR business (them to use our services) we can follow the same business model - UP FRONT - not at the point of accepting their work, obviously

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/9/12 2:34pm
Msg #442793

Re: Marketing rep

Ah, got it, now! And, yes, that makes lots of sense!

Interesting comparison, though. For us, we have to do that sort of work in between signing appointments that bring in the checks, while actual title reps do that work full time, with a nice salary, bonus and benefits... Hmmmm....... Wink

Well, I for one wouldn't be well suited for that type of work, so I'll stick with what I'm doing. But we can certainly learn some lessons from what they do!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/9/12 6:07pm
Msg #442817

Re: Marketing rep

Now you're 'cookin'!! The way requirements are tightening, Multi-taskers will always have a "front seat" in corp Am. I, unfortunately, am completely Burned out on that. I was 17 when I entered banking and I want to do something else when I "grow up."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.