Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
This may be interesting to you-Insured Closings-A MUST READ!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by RockyMO on 11/1/12 10:49am
Msg #441612

So i have noticed a lot of notaries on here have had problems getting paid from Insured Closings. I had one i did for them back in July that i still have not been paid so after many messages sent to Insured, I went to the source the title company, well the first response i got from them is that they hire Insured as a 3rd party and have nothing to do with me getting paid, so i went back sending messages to insured, one day i get a call from them asking if i would do a closing, i told them no because i was still owed, well they accidently sent me the confirmation and i seen that the same title company was using them after i had called them and told them that the company they hired was not paying there notaries. Heres my email to the title company:

"This is ridiculous now, i still have not been paid for this closing from insured closings and they tried to send me another assignment with you as the title company so obviously you are still doing business with them knowing they are not paying there notaries, this is gotten nation wide attention on all the notary forums. I will be calling the Attorney Generals office today on Insured closings and your title company if this matter isnt resolved by end of business today, its only $XXX but it was a service i completed that i deserve to get paid on and insured closings wont even return my messages."

So after i sent this message i received this message from the title company president:

Mr. ,

"Let me make this perfectly clear to you. Liberty title company has no affiliation with Insured closing and we have been assured by Insured that they have no outstanding balances with notaries. Any conflict you have is between insured and yourself. It is your word against theirs and needs to be resolved between the two of you. Liberty Title hired Insured as a third party vendor and is current with all bills and money owed to such. Moreover, liberty title has no contract with you nor relationship with you. Any further contact from you will be considered harassment and dealt with accordingly."

So i called the loan officer on the file and he left me a message stating that he will find out about it. Needless to say this was the message i received this morning from Insured:

"A check in the amount of $XXX.00 was overnighted today to the following address:

UPS Tracking # J1XXXXXXX

Upon receipt of this check please stop further communication with my company and clients.

Thank you,

Please note our office has moved:

Insured Closings

33434 Liberty Pkwy.

North Ridgeville, OH 44039

440-309-4679

f 440-309-4475

JUSTICE SERVED!!! NOT LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH NOTHING!!! PLEASE DONT LET THEM ROB US!!!

Reply by Sharon M Hopkins on 11/1/12 11:02am
Msg #441614

I stopped doing any signings with Insured over a year ago. I got tired of trying to collect my money after months and months.

Reply by Deborah Breedlove on 11/1/12 11:44am
Msg #441618

It's so funny when they act like they're offended by your demand to be paid for your work! How dare you!

Reply by Les_CO on 11/1/12 12:07pm
Msg #441622

That the borrower paid for….Not a nickel came out of their pocket…Just some extra undisclosed profit! Remember these Title Companies are licensed and regulated. A complaint to their respective (State) regulators can do wonders. Any Title company that KNOWINGLY does business with thieves should be reported. JMO

Reply by ToniK on 11/1/12 12:10pm
Msg #441623

Lol Liberty Title seems to use cheap no good companies....NLC and Insured....wow! says alot about that Title co.

Reply by ToniK on 11/1/12 12:26pm
Msg #441627

meant LPC folks

Reply by DD/OR on 11/1/12 12:23pm
Msg #441626

Thank you for this. I am having an issue with Liberty Title. They are telling me the check is in the mail. For some reason, I don't believe them. I will believe it when I see the check. I told Liberty Title and IFreedom that they are complicit with Isured Closings in that they are allowing IC to continue to defraud not only notaries but other title companys nationwide. OMG this is is big news and should be on the front page of every newpaper. I too, have filed a complain with the AG in their states. I will post when I have more news. Thanks again. DD

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 11/1/12 12:49pm
Msg #441629

Unbelievable

I am simply astounded by the e-mail response from the TC (which incidentally I doubt is really from the president; it sounds too amateurish and stupidWink:

"Let me make this perfectly clear to you. Liberty title company has no affiliation with Insured closing <<not true at all; Insured is one of their vendors; Insured may not be an affiliate, but they do business with them>>and we have been assured by Insured that they have no outstanding balances with notaries <<Not good enough; Insured can assure them all they want, it doesn't let the TC off the hook; Insured is clearly lying, and if you ask me, so is the TC; it looks they're in on it together. Wouldn't be the first time.>> and Any conflict you have is between insured and yourself. <<Oh, they may wish that were so!) It is your word against theirs <<no it's not. Show me the money!Whadda they think? This is a case of who ran the red light first and there are no witnesses? They think that you cashed the check and are coming back for more? That all the notaries are in on some scam to get paid twice?)and needs to be resolved between the two of you. Liberty Title hired Insured as a third party vendor and is current with all bills and money owed to such. <<So?>> Moreover, liberty title has no contract with you nor relationship with you. <<No contract, but certainly a relationship; who are they trying to kid?>>Any further contact from you will be considered harassment and dealt with accordingly."<<Oh, that's rich, let's see ... how might they deal with this harassment.... sue you? And other notaries trying to get paid? Thus exposing all their schemes?>>

And of course Insured forbids you to "communicate" any further with his customers or clients. That would only continue to reveal them as the cheats they are.

There has been much discussion on NR about the implied responsibility a TC has to the notary when the SS they use doesn't pay. Not to mention when they continue to use that same SS after they have been notified the SS is not payng third party vendors. Nonetheless, to those still unpaid notaries, I suggest writing a payment demand letter with a promise that you will file in small claims court and cc that letter to:
the lender, the broker, the Realtor, the SOS, the Department of Insurance, the FBI Internet Fraud Division, HUD, attorney general, district attorney and anybody else you can think of. And don't forget to cc the borrower as well if you do file because they should be informed of any lawsuit regarding their property. Of course, at this point, you don't actually mail all the cc ... you do that only if they still refuse to pay. I predict you will get some action at that point.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/1/12 12:58pm
Msg #441632

you go goldie n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 11/1/12 1:24pm
Msg #441637

Wow, I'm so fired up ....

.. . and I don't even work for these bums. (Actually, I almost wish I did, it would be so much fun to go after them!)

But in any case, what is it about this industry that makes so many people think they have a license to steal?

What's so wrong with just paying us? But this is clearly a foreign concept to many. A notary expecting payment is probably a startling idea to Insured Closings. Possibly having to pay notaries is something that obviously never crossed their minds when they got into this business because their business model was to keep all the money the TC paid them (and then probably split it with them). No wonder "Mr. TC President" is all in a huff in his e-mail; he didn't actually expect a notary would have the audacity to demand payment. It just irritates the hell out of him because that's not how he and Insured Closings operate.

Reply by RockyMO on 11/1/12 1:36pm
Msg #441644

Re: Wow, I'm so fired up ....

I love the passion, exactly what i had when i was talking to her! We have to keep holding them accountable.

Reply by RockyMO on 11/1/12 1:07pm
Msg #441634

Re: Unbelievable

well this is the title of the person that sent it to me.

Let me make this perfectly clear to you. Liberty title company has no affiliation with Insured closing and we have been assured by Insured that they have no outstanding balances with notaries. Any conflict you have is between insured and yourself. It is your word against theirs and needs to be resolved between the two of you. Liberty Title hired Insured as a third party vendor and is current with all bills and money owed to such. Moreover, liberty title has no contract with you nor relationship with you. Any further contact from you will be considered harassment and dealt with accordingly.

Very truly yours,

Sally A Farrar CEO/ Attorney at Law

Liberty Title Company

Farrar & Associates

Liberty Title West, LLC

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 11/1/12 1:33pm
Msg #441639

Well - e-mail reads like Sally pounded this out ...

... on the way to her coffee break or to the bathroom. Little Miss Attorney at Law obviously isn't taking you seriously and did her threatening best to scare off what she considered a dimwitted notary while putting as little effort into the e-mail as possible. It's a joke.

There're a few things that need to be made "perfectly clear" to attack-dog Sally.

Reply by DD/OR on 11/1/12 1:37pm
Msg #441645

Re: Well - e-mail reads like Sally pounded this out ...

Sally may not even be an Attorney. Anybody could say that. Just for the heck of it, I'm going to find out if she really is an attorney or not.

Reply by IAC on 11/1/12 1:35pm
Msg #441642

Re: Some one has to be held responsible

On the HUD statement it indicates amount paid to title co. and settlement services. If I am not mistaken, the funds are disbursed after the 3 days RTC. If notaries are not being paid, then it is my take that someone is in violation. Why not contact HUD department and report the violators.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/1/12 1:36pm
Msg #441643

When I know that an attorney is affiliated with or owns a TC, I find that to be wonderful. Then I can file a complaint with the state bar against that attorney for failure to fulfill contractual obligations in a real estate transaction. That has worked for me 100% of the time. It's all about finding which buttoms to push to get them to pay you what is owed - sounds like you pushed the right button. I will let the state bar or the magistrate figure out whether or not the attorney/TC is or is not responsible for its subcontractors paying the notaries what is owed. It usually will never get that far - they pay you just to make you go away.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 11/1/12 1:51pm
Msg #441648

This is what makes NR great!

So far today, we have exposed Sally and Sue for what they clearly are. In cahoots to cheat notaries, plain and simple. They deny, they intimidate, they make silly threats and they think we'll go away. Now, we have names and addresses and more great ideas from Copperhead and IAC on how to get paid.

Reply by DD/OR on 11/1/12 2:02pm
Msg #441652

Thanks for that. That's good to know. Probably all or most TC's have an attorney on staff.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/1/12 2:27pm
Msg #441657

Totally pull out any and all of the big guns to get paid

it's despicable for Insured (I did many for Sue in the day) to think they don't have to pay and cavalier of Liberty to take that tack. Since 2003 I have been stiffed for only $200 and that's enough. Attorneys want to intimidate and don't let them. Copy the world to get paid. It has always worked. Rocky, good work.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/1/12 2:32pm
Msg #441659

Now all who are owed know who to contact

at the TC.
What a good idea...all those unpaid notaries making financial claims to the TC att'y.
I wonder if that would be an eye opener.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/1/12 3:12pm
Msg #441675

Re: Now all who are owed know who to contact

I usually will fax a courtesy copy of my letter of complaint to the offender's office, with a promise to file on XX date in the near furture - that is usually followed by an immediate call from offender's office offering payment arrangements. They are not happy, but I am not concerned with their state of happiness.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/1/12 4:07pm
Msg #441686

Good info Red n/m

Reply by ToniK on 11/1/12 2:37pm
Msg #441661

Sally Farrar huh?

So here is a search on Sally:

http://www.farrarclosings.com/

Well google says she is an Attorney as well.

Reply by DD/OR on 11/1/12 3:11pm
Msg #441673

Re: Sally Farrar huh?

I didn't see anywhere on their website that she is an attorney. Maybe I missed it. Contacting the GA State Bar may be the way to know for sure.

Reply by ToniK on 11/1/12 3:17pm
Msg #441676

Well its not on the website but if you google Sally A Farrar Attorney...it says she is one in Kennesaw GA. Same place Liberty Title is located. Now I dont know if they are one in the same BUT there is a Sally A Farrar that is an Attorney. Just do a google search.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/farrar-sally-a-attorney-at-law-kennesaw

Reply by DD/OR on 11/1/12 3:21pm
Msg #441677

Yes...I just contacted the GA Bar and she is an attorney.

Reply by Claudia Brown on 11/1/12 6:51pm
Msg #441727

VERY IMPRESSED! Congratulations! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.