Notary Rotary
Tickles my fancy...that ol' online notarization site
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 11/16/12 7:46am
Msg #443591

Just for grins, I read up the "online notarization site" on Wikipedia.org. Says they,

"On July 1, 2012, Virginia became the first state to authorize a signer to be in a remote location and have a document notarized electronically by an e-notary using audio-visual conference technology by passing the bills SB 827 and HB 2318.[6][7] That same day, "xxx" launched the first online notary product in the United States allowing people from all over the world to connect to a notary online.[8]"

I love that the content writer (probably an xxx owner) states that prior to July 1, 2012, there was no lawful way to notarize online.

They also claim to have raised 2.5 Million bucks for start up.

I note that the publicity monsters have kind of slowed down. Business must be so good that they do not need to advertise any more.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 11/16/12 8:15am
Msg #443594

If we wanted to link to a site that explains the problems with the online notarization site, what would be the best site to use? Did any of the warnings put up by various SOS sites give the name of the online notarization company?

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/16/12 8:19am
Msg #443595

<<<That same day, "xxx" launched the first online notary product in the United States allowing people from all over the world to connect to a notary online.[8]>>>

I don't think our SOS ever reacted so quickly to anything else. It posted (what seemed to be) The Next Day, that this was illegal in California. That's what tickled me.

So much for "all over the world." lol

Reply by jba/fl on 11/16/12 10:25am
Msg #443608

If a person in CA wants to "appear" before this online notary, they can. May not be kosher or legal, but this company appears to still be in business, bragging they are the only one. Until he is shut down, more will get into the act I fear.

This may be another reason we are being vetted so closely now as well.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/16/12 10:50am
Msg #443617

Doing a search on google news doesn't turn up any press releases. That's interesting.

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/16/12 10:55am
Msg #443622

Maybe they're slithering quietly back under their rock? n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 11/16/12 1:25pm
Msg #443650

Re: Maybe they're slithering quietly back under their rock?

But the website is up and active it appears. Hope Lee is right.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.