Notary Rotary
Title double sided docs
Notary Discussion History

Title double sided docs
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by ToniK on 11/28/12 4:28pm
Msg #444961

Title double sided docs

I had a closing yesterday where the package was overnighted to BO and I was just to show up. I get there and the whole package was double-sided. I thought that was interesting. Only pages that werent double sided was the RTC.

Reply by RonnieB/NC on 11/28/12 4:30pm
Msg #444963

They must be trying to save money themselves. Now they know what we are going through.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 11/28/12 4:38pm
Msg #444967

I get a get a few timeshares and they are always double sided. Kind of confusing at times when you want to go back and look at something.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 11/28/12 4:40pm
Msg #444968

I did one last week where they emailed the docs to the borrower before I got there, I only needed to bring one copy to the table. I was happy.

Reply by Sean M. Henigan on 11/28/12 5:34pm
Msg #444973

I, too, like only having to print one set of docs. However, I would still prefer ALL docs to be printed on one-side. It is better for us, the client and legal/recorder. Paper isn't that expensive. If the companies I deal with are struggling to save money, this isn't the place to cut corners. If they insist, I will find work with smarter TC's/SS's. JMHO

Reply by Sharon Spence on 11/28/12 5:58pm
Msg #444978

Old habits die hard

We're just so used to seeing one-sided docs that it's hard to imagine anything different. Duplexing docs may be a little about "cutting corners," but it's more about conserving resources. It probably doesn't have anything to do with the cost of paper. TCs have money to burn. It's the same reason books have been printed on both sides (since the 15th century when Gutenberg invented the movable press), as are magazines, newspapers and just about anything else I can think of ... except loan docs. Why is that? Dunno. One sided printing is just so incredibly wasteful and nonsensical.

So it's nice to see that some in lending industry are finally getting on board (with Gutenberg) ....

Reply by MW/VA on 11/28/12 8:36pm
Msg #444987

Thumbs up, Sharon. The only issue I see is that then

everyone will be required to have printers with duplex capability. I'd love to be able to handle less paper.
I'd also be curious to know how recorder's offices feel about duplex docs.

Reply by LynnNC on 11/28/12 5:02pm
Msg #444970

Must have been TRG/Convenient Closing Services.

Reply by Jon_PA on 11/28/12 5:50pm
Msg #444976

I believe Hudson City had a few double sided docs in some of their packages.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/28/12 6:25pm
Msg #444979

Provident used to duplex their docs too n/m

Reply by signingdiva/ on 11/28/12 7:08pm
Msg #444982

Re: Provident used to duplex their docs too

I burn the BO copies to disk. Only give them hard copies of HUD, Note, RTC, etc., maybe 15 pgs. Saves paper and time. Everyone has a computer these days, of course I ask when confirming the app't. Everyone LOVES it. Easy to store and find when necessary.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/28/12 8:33pm
Msg #444986

One question, signingdiva/, do you have the lenders or

tc's permission to do that? It's been discussed many times that it's not our call to make how the borrowers get their copy. All the instructions I get still say to print 2 copies of the docs.
I'd be onboard if we get to do this another way. I'd love to only have to print 1 set!!! ;-)

Reply by signingdiva/ on 11/28/12 9:40pm
Msg #444992

Re: One question, signingdiva/, do you have the lenders or

SS ok,s it with the lender. It's not the tc call. They do what the lender requires. Never had a problem.

Reply by Doris_CO on 11/28/12 10:57pm
Msg #444997

I worked for a well known finance company and their docs were always double sided or at least those that had more then one page, such as the DOT. Since most county recorders charge per page, having the DOT double sided saves money when recording. When I first started in this business, I purchased a printer with duplex because I thought everyone had the same set up as my former company. I've never used the duplex for docs but it sure comes in handy for other printing.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/29/12 5:24am
Msg #445005

Re: Title double sided docs... recording fees

are no different if it's single sided or duplexed - recording is "per page" not "per piece of paper" - each printed side is considered a page. The only thing that impacts the cost of recording is letter vs legal size, legal being more. At last IME

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.