Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Trick doc-Name/Sign Aff--WHAT WOULD YOU DO PLEASE??
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by sigtogo/OR on 11/16/12 11:45pm
Msg #443733

all the docs have borrowers with middle initials and there is the usual Sig/Name Aff with names same as docs plus the list of aka's (not the one where they sign each variation, just the acknowlegement of the variations.) Then we have a Name/Sig Aff that has borrowers name without initial pre-printed at top and then asks them to print their name and sign any variations. oh, and there is the bold print "signatures ascribed above must match loan docs on all pages." catch 22! which way to go?

So they printed their name as all the other loan docs with initial and signed all variations. but what to do with the cert.... for those of you that put the full name that is on their ID in the cert, please don't respond as that won't help me. This title company specifically states to put same name in cert that is on the doc, which is what I do anyway. For those that put the same name in the cert that is on all the docs, what would you do?
TIA

Reply by HisHughness on 11/17/12 12:47am
Msg #443739

*** for those of you that put the full name that is on their ID in the cert, please don't respond as that won't help me.***

Sounds to me like that is where you NEED help the most. First, no one but you should control the content of your certification; that's not the title company's business. They did their thing with the documents; you do YOUR thing with the certification. Second, the name on the documents has no relevance to the name in the certification; that is ALWAYS controlled by the ID.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but apparently what you NEEDED to hear.

Reply by Barb25 on 11/17/12 8:15am
Msg #443747

Are you saying that if a driver's license says "Mary Ellen Jones" or "Mary Ellen Smith Jones" andd the docs say "Mary E. Jones," you would put the full name that was on the driver's license in the notary certification?

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/17/12 11:31am
Msg #443760

here we go...please stick to the OP OP OP : ) ) ) n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 11/17/12 12:43pm
Msg #443773

I'm sorry. It was a question to you Hugh. I didn't realize

it would upset you so much. My apologies to the OP.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/17/12 12:56pm
Msg #443775

not that it upset me so much but how about addressing OP? n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 11/17/12 1:01pm
Msg #443776

In regard to your question:

Are both of these from the Lender? Or is one from the Title Company?

Also what is the purpose of the form...

For example, Bank of America has a Name/Signature Affidavit

Before me the undersigned Notary Public, personally appeared the person who signed this affidavit. Who after being duly sworn by me, did on his or her oath swear the following

Name and a signature (underneath which it says "exactly as I signed the Security Instrument")

The rest are a/k/a (if any)

That should be as it says. Same as on the docs or at the very least on the Mortgage/DOT.

You notarize on that. At least that is what I do. But then again, that is how I notarize the docs, not on the DL. So, I don't know what to tell you there. Obviously not everyone agrees on that point.

As for the other. I have no idea what it is for. So, either call the TC or do as it says. Me I am a great one for calls to the TC for clarification of what THEY want. I don't get paid for being a mind reader. But that's me.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/17/12 2:01pm
Msg #443782

thanks Barb-both lender docs, here is what it says

First Financial is lender
Name/Sig Aff
Borrower: Bobby Borrower (all the docs are Bobby B Borrower)
The undersigned certifies that the entries below are variations of my signature, and all are representatvie of my actual name _____________________________ (pint name.)
then several blank signature lines.
SIGNATURE ASCRIBED ABOVE MUST MATCH LOAN CLOSING DOCUMENTS ON ALL PAGES.

then my cert.

call would have been great but Friday night? no one answers of course!
Do as it says? that was the dilemma. name on doc no initial, all loans docs with initial.
honestly I am kinda done caring and am off to fedex. thanks for your thoughtful response tho, Barb

Reply by Dannelle Dillon on 11/17/12 9:27pm
Msg #443849

These companies just do not pay enough for all this stuff. Hard to believe.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.