Notary Rotary
US Mail from Clearwater, FL to NY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 11/16/12 8:36am
Msg #443598

did closing on 10/4, followed up on payemnt 11/11, title company advised payment was being mailed 11/12, today 11/16 and no check. does anyone have any idea how long mail takes from fl to ny before I have to post about them.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 11/16/12 8:49am
Msg #443600

I would venture to guess that mail from Florida to New York may still be moving a little slow from the massive hurricane that hit that side of the country recently......and Monday the 12th was a national holiday......and you are already worried about having to post about them......I'm scared of you.

I would probably give it a few more days......if they said they mailed it.......they probably mailed it. I think it's a little too soon to be sending out the firing squad. Give it until at least Tuesday or Wednesday of next week with all things considered.....hurricane.....national holiday.......slow mail service due to all of the above.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/16/12 8:54am
Msg #443601

i don't know how but i forgot all about the storm. maybe that is it. i don't think i am being harsh, i don't play. she really should have cut and mailed the check on 11/4 not 11/12 knowing mail takes time. i don't go for the 45 to 60 day stuff, but thanks for your input.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 11/16/12 9:01am
Msg #443602

I was just teasing you.....but I totally understand that if you don't stay on top of this stuff you end up having to wait 60-90 days for your payment and I don't do that either. I will go 45 days from the date of the signing because I factor in the three day recission and funding on the fourth day and I give them a few extra days for accounting and mailing time. I expect to see that check in my hands 45 days from the date of the signing though......or I'm sending the firing squad.

You should probably have your check early next week I hope.

Reply by ME/NJ on 11/16/12 9:03am
Msg #443603

No first class mail anymore

It takes 4-5 days to get mail across town now. If check was cut on 11th sits for a couple days then mailed. I say Monday or Tuesday you will get it.

Settle down down dude, I lost over a weeks worth of mail because the post office was under 5ft of water for a week. Had to call vendors get payments cancelled and reissued, still waiting. Yes it's tough but we will live.

Reply by CentralNY on 11/16/12 9:17am
Msg #443605

10-4 and put in perspective, thanks n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.