Notary Rotary
Update on payment from Accurate National Signing Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Suz/Mo on 11/9/12 5:02pm
Msg #442809

Positive posting that I did get my check today 11/09 from this company on the job I completed 9/17. I had called and emailed chasing my payment. I will not have to contact the Title Co. now, and I am thankful to be paid. This company is not on NR with any rating, but there has been numerous postings about them. My previous posting mentioned I would update when I received payment. So that's that..

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/9/12 5:29pm
Msg #442811

Thanks for the update, Suz.

If possible, please add to SC along with rating. Please be sure it's listed for all States.

Thanks!

Reply by Suzanette Hancock on 11/9/12 5:58pm
Msg #442815

I thought the reason ANSS wasn't on SC is because there was a problem and someone from ANSS was going to work on it?? The postings around 9/17 and around 10/31 I think, have this info. When I some time I will research and get the exact postings. I tried searching for my original post earlier and didn't find it but found 3 other posts about this company. Thanks for your input Yoli.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 11/9/12 5:56pm
Msg #442814

So you're looking at payment about 45 days out - not really acceptable (unless they tell you this up front), but also not in SOX territory.

Two questions remain since they're not already in Signing Central - was the amount you were being paid reasonable (in other words, are they a low-ball company?), and did the check clear?

I only ask that last part because there's at least one guy out there who has a documented history of paying late and then bouncing those checks. I don't understand how he is not sitting behind bars at this point, because he did it on a regular basis, almost like it was part of his business plan. Maybe the authorities finally caught up with him; I haven't seen his name mentioned here in a while.

Reply by Suzanette Hancock on 11/9/12 6:03pm
Msg #442816

Yes the check cleared today. The fee was reasonable also. My problem was having to chase for info about getting payment and being spoken to very rudely when I spoke to Amanda. Their treatment of the problem (to me, imo) was unprofessional and rude. I had posted if I didn't get payment this week, I would contact the title company. I hope that posting wasn't the reason I was paid, but regardless, I am relieved to get paid.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 11/9/12 6:26pm
Msg #442820

Glad you got paid, and it's unfortunate that you had to resort to threats to do so. It's sad that anyone has to chase their money, and it's sadder that you have to deal with people who treat you like they're doing you a favor by paying you what they owe you.

This company should be on the no-no list...

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/9/12 6:30pm
Msg #442821

And, this is another reason why when researching, not only should we look in Signing Central, but, also use the orange "search" button -- ratings and comments.

Not all companies make it to SC. Some are listed simply as notaries on NotRot and not as companies. This is the unfortunate glitch in the system.

Reply by Suz/Mo on 11/9/12 7:28pm
Msg #442830

Yoli, I should not put them in SC now since ANSS had said they would work on the problem, correct? Apparently ANSS didn't work on it and did not get the problem straightened out, whatever they meant by that. They commented on the Notary Forum when we were discussing them previously.
Mike, yes, I agree with your post, totally. The world would be such a better place if all lived by The Golden Rule.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/9/12 7:43pm
Msg #442831

Suz: Adding a company to SC doesn't mean they are bad to work for. I've read the prior posts and it appears to me the reason ANSS is not on SC is because they are listed as a notary. The NotRot system does not allow duplicate listings. If a phone number or a fax number or an address is same for a listed notary as for a company that someone is trying to add, the system will not allow the company to be added. At least, that's my understanding.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 11/9/12 7:55pm
Msg #442835

Pleeze put them in SC! Most of us don't want to have to

chase our $$$. IMO, it's just a short walk from chasing your $$$ to not getting paid at all! That's totally different from an honest mistake.

IMO, an honest mistake only takes ONE phone call (or email) & gets instant attention. Happened to me w/ a well-known SS & they got right on it &, apologized & I got check in a couple of days.

On the other hand, someone like SoCal just ignores you & whem you finally DO get ahold of Lisa, she VERRRRY nonchalant & then goes back to ignoring you!

Reply by enjoylife/md on 11/9/12 9:11pm
Msg #442856

Re: Pleeze put them in SC! Most of us don't want to have to

Greetings all, I'm a new to the forum and have been studying all posts and getting up to speed on the business. A former non profit exec. starting a new chapter. I like the idea of setting my own hours! I read with interest your post with this company... I have been doing business with them for a few months now and wouldn't you know it, I haven't been paid either. I checked SC and thought the reason the listing wasn't there was because they were either new or no issues.

With the number of notaries being utilized by this company in various states, I think the issue should be escalated. Do we go to the State or what? I'm an entrepreneur trying to keep the lights on. Just want to get paid. Thoughts?

Reply by Suz/Mo on 11/10/12 10:05am
Msg #442906

My thoughts are to call the title company and let them know you haven't been paid by the company that hired you to work for them. I would hope they would not keep working with that company if they know they don't pay the notaries. I need to read Yolis' prior response in here, and everyone can put their experience on here so that no one has to deal with this. I think Yoli meant that because it is more of an individual notary we are working for they can't be put on SC? The ANSS person posted that she would work on whatever was keeping the rating off here, but that could have been smoke and mirrors? I also put in no-payer phone nbrs in my cell with a NO by their number, that helps too. NR is such a tremendous aid for notaries/signing agents, gather all you can from these notaries, important to help each other.

Reply by Suz/Mo on 11/10/12 10:20am
Msg #442909

I tried to input them in SC but wasn't able to enter anything after I filled in the blanks, saying I needed more information. If you go to Notary123, they don't have positive input about ANSS and they are needing more information also. Hopefully anyone needing info on Accurate National Signing Service will put in a search on NR and get the input from our postings.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/11/12 5:22pm
Msg #443007

Found their listing on NoRot!

Accurate National Signing Service is listed as an individual notary as a BASIC member, under their company namestyle. Their listed under zip 92595.

https://www.notaryrotary.com/agent/details.asp?ID=YIE1O6BK&RPID=1AAA00091665&RID=3EA798CF4057451D25942C21F3FD4DBA&back=1&src=1242&l=&ll=

And, here's their website:

http://accuratenationalsignings.com/index.html

Harry: Since their notary listing is as a company and not an individual, can you now add them to Signing Central? TIA!

Reply by Suz/Mo on 11/11/12 6:32pm
Msg #443009

Re: Found their listing on NoRot!

Thank you Yoli.

Reply by Accurate National Signings on 11/12/12 1:01pm
Msg #443097

Please contact us so that we can resolve this issue. Thank you

Reply by Salvador Avalos on 11/11/12 9:00pm
Msg #443024

It took 40 days but I did get paid as agreed.

Reply by Accurate National Signings on 11/12/12 12:59pm
Msg #443095

Good Monday morning,

As it seems to be an issue about not being in SC, we have contacted Not Rot a handful of times and have not gotten anywhere on this issue. If anyone knows what is going on please let us know and I will get upper management on this issue.

Also, it seems that the payment policy is and issue for some, our policy is disclosed to all and it is 30-45 business days, it is put on the order confirmations and our contract with our notaries, Our staff needs time to do their work as well. As you can see we are not one of those companies that do not pay and our checks do clear, and also we are trying to find a way to lessen our pay period but for this growing company we need to stick with what we have for now.
We appreciate all the hard work that notary's do for us and without you we would not be able to get things done.

Anyone that is still looking for payment that is outside our payment time please do not hesitate to email or call, we are taking all of these inquiry's and escalating them to the proper department.

I am so sorry that someone feels that Amanda was rude in regards to an issue, here is a direct apology from her, "For anyone that feels I was rude I give my deepest sincere apology, I am a very busy person and I hope that I did not offend anyone in regards to them contacting and talking with me."

Thank you all for your continued support and patience in this growing company.

Reply by Suz/Mo on 11/13/12 10:06am
Msg #443173

Thank you for the apology. I did not receive any info about the 30-45 day payment policy. (I have the confirmation and no where is this stated, had it been, I would not have contacted ANSS about non-payment until the time had lapsed.) The responses received when I called to inquire about pay (after 30 days) since you were not on NotRot triggered my concerns about non-payment and thus the posting on SC. Saying the check was written for a certain day, then check not received, called to inquire and was spoken to very rudely and told to email any questions also was a red flag. I posted on NR I would contact Title Co. if not paid and then I received my payment. Being professional, treating others with respect and communicating goes a long way to sustain understanding and a working relationship.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 11/13/12 11:35am
Msg #443193

Payment in 30-45 BUSINESS DAYS = 6-9 weeks

Not my idea of an acceptable payment window, but each notary must decide for themselves what is acceptable to them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.