Notary Rotary
Verizon Charges
Notary Discussion History

Verizon Charges
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 11/15/12 11:02am
Msg #443494

Verizon Charges

I had a quote (which thankfully I saved) for one price, then my bill has so many "extras."
Anybody else seeing "sneaky" Verizon charges on cable/Fios bill?

Reply by Kathy/NJ on 11/15/12 11:10am
Msg #443498

It's the same with Comcast

Reply by ananotary on 11/15/12 12:43pm
Msg #443509

And Direct TV

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/15/12 1:18pm
Msg #443513

Verizon sucks

I just dumped phone and internet with them.
Was supposed to be a package price of $85 + all those extra fees and surcharges totalling $100.
Some sales persons kept adding other items, like security suite, and a bunch of garbage I never ordered. This has been going on for about 4 years....sure we'll take it off and refund the last 3 months worth of crap you didn't order. We don't know how that was added OR you ordered that on 7/15/12...uh, no I didn't. Then wait another 3 months to have the erroneous charges removed. Then, the cycle starts all over again. The last time was the last time for me wasting hours resolving the issue, and when I was told there would be a fee for ending the service I didn't order (said I agreed to a 2 year service plan), I went looking to port the number and found Vonage.
I got Vonage business: $50 a month unltd. and moved my business phone to my home, using Comcast as my internet provider.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/15/12 4:06pm
Msg #443525

Surcharges totaling $100

Exactly! When I asked what something was, the rep told me to google it (I think she visits here). I did. It's not FCC mandated, but carrier fees to help pay for "the use of the line." One acct rep even hung up when I asked him about specific bill items.

I thought that was what the Internet Bundle included: phone line (do I need to pay to "use it," too?) They "get you" with that Bundle stuff. I'm sure I can cut my phone portion in half.

I may look into Vonage. But I know I'm definitely returning to separate billing.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/15/12 4:13pm
Msg #443526

Re: Surcharges totaling $100

BTW, the lady who suggested "google" was very nice. She could really see the humor in some of the stuff - and she knew I was no fool. We had a good laugh together.

One rep asked if I had my quoted price in writing. (Yes). "Well, the (computer) calculator says . . ." Oh no, Not the "system says!" I ended up with a "loyalty credit." That was the funniest of all Smile

Reply by Ali/IL on 11/15/12 6:04pm
Msg #443546

Re: Verizon sucks

Mistarella, how is business Vonage with the faxing? I had a terrible time with it with the home service.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/15/12 6:54pm
Msg #443556

I don't know about direct faxing

I don't do any faxing at all (I'm a scan and email gal).
I can say they offer a free
They do offer and advertise for a dedicated fax line, but I believe it's an added box/adapter.
If you have a business line, the monthly fee is waived for up to 500 minutes of faxing, but you are responsible for paying the taxes and some other minor fees. Over 500 minutes it's about .04 per minute. I'd find it hard to see your faxing going beyond 8 1/2 hours/month.
I recently read that they can be scanned and sent as a fax via Vonage.
But...if you can scan and save the file, you can fax with Vonage residential.

Take a look if you are interested.
And yes, if you decide to get Vonage, I just learned that YOU get some kind of special savings (nothing for me that I can tell) my biz number is 941-474-8294 (Mary's Taxi).
Anyone interested in their savings feel free to use it!

https://www.vonage.com/?refer_id=WEBHP0706010001W1&lid=main_nav_home

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/15/12 6:55pm
Msg #443557

RE: I can say they offer a free

What I wiped out by mistake is that they offer a a free biz fax for biz customers.
Sorry about that.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/15/12 6:59pm
Msg #443559

FREEBIES ARE: FREE SHIPPING & FREE ACTIVATION! n/m

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/15/12 6:41pm
Msg #443552

3 years ago, in Municipal Court, I sued this company

and won. I have no idea why anyone would tolerate their attitude. It is second only to ATT.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/15/12 6:57pm
Msg #443558

DO tell Donna

Inquiring minds wanna know what you sued for and how you won it.
I can't think of any other company that needs a court-whoppin'.

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/15/12 8:06pm
Msg #443564

Re: DO tell Donna

As old as I am, I am an "online" individual. (I had been with Verizon for 12 years and found that their service, and superior attitude, in relation to the quality of that which was provided, failed to meet my expectations. Particularly when it chose to increase my monthly charge without discussion and approval, transferred me from $100.00 monthly to a more limited plan at approximately $125.00).

I contract, pay and download all monthly billings and history. My contract had expired (according to my printed online records) with this na-saint company. After several months of communication, I chose a different carrier, transferring my cell number, with a month to month agreement that allowed me unlimited access (data, voice, internet, etc.) for $55.00 less than the original amount of my expired agreement..

Shortly there after, Verizon sent me to collections for 6 months worth of service, "early" contract cancellation, anticipated legal fees, etc. Given my records, and correctly surmising that this was an organization that couldn't possibly comprehend local community vs large and way too important national firm, no truly authorized individual would appear before the the court . What did I automatically win... not the awarded money (a recordable judgment and enforceable lien, which I could not have acted upon in Small Claims Court). lol...unless they either sell or go out of business, will never pay. However; a correction to my credit report and the knowledge that if one small citizen is in the right, and stands up for themselves in a correct and legal manner, there is justice. BTW, Municipal Court fees equated to sssssooooo much less than that which this organization felt it deserved. Frown

Also, I find it hysterically odd, that after all this time, every month (in my junk email account) I receive an email from them asking "...Please come back to us... what can we do...blah, blah, blah...!" If this company (besides ATT) was the last cellular provider in the world... (much the same as my current dating status ROFL) I would do "without!" Wink

Thank you MistarellaFL for asking... made my day Smile

Reply by HisHughness on 11/15/12 9:16pm
Msg #443574

Re: DO tell Donna

***If this company ... was the last cellular provider in the world... (much the same as my current dating status ROFL) I would do "without!"***

Maybe you and I should talk. I'm free on Friday nights, and Saturday through Thursday you can have me for nothing more than a cheap dinner.

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/16/12 8:05am
Msg #443592

Hugh, are you "sweet talking" me? lol n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/16/12 6:29am
Msg #443586

Donna, you are my hero!

This is Verizon's MO.
Although it sounds like you are talking wireless, and I am talking business land line, same company, same complaints: Verizon's MO.
I bow to you....chanting like Wayne and Garth: I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/16/12 8:12am
Msg #443593

Misty... too funny. This movie was so silly, but yet,

when I first watched it with my (now) oldest grandson, I laughed more than he did. Right now, I'm smiling and chuckling Smile

Wish you the best November "Eva."

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/16/12 10:11am
Msg #443606

Score! for the "little guy"

Thanks for sharing, Donna.
I have my M-to-M (month) plan details in a written email; but, not comfortable that a "contract" agreement isn't hidden somewhere. At any rate, I did open acct in my business name - and I'm not sure what kind of credit profile (if one exists yet) I have with that.

Love "writing off" these junk charges, but, like you said, It's the Principle.

p.s. I was cellular "weened" on them and never had any contract issues; as an Employee, we got corp discounts and when that changed they've NEVER enforced any contract options, but left it up to me

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.