Notary Rotary
What causes documents to print out as
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by snoopdogMs on 11/12/12 8:53am
Msg #443053

if in another language? The documents were accessed through the title company's web site. One set of lender docs were good , the other looked like Arabic or some strange alphabet. Makes no sense that one set would print correctly and the second set would do this. I have had this happen before with other title companies.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/12/12 9:04am
Msg #443055

Some sort of conflict, perhaps a memory issue, printers have memory too, or simply a corrupt file? Printer driver? Hard to know exactly.

Reply by Frances Kany on 11/12/12 9:11am
Msg #443058

I had this odd thing happen to me Saturday. When I did was turn off my printer and then try to reprint. This worked well. Hopefully it helps.

Reply by Buddy Young on 11/12/12 9:40am
Msg #443071

This has happened to me too, but not very often.

Reply by ArtG/KS on 11/12/12 10:00am
Msg #443074

Adobe X and its updated versions are known to scramble document content. To avoid this, you must download and print the first set of docs AND do not do anything else on your PC while those are printing. Then x-out of the adobe ap and re-download to print the second set and again do not use or disturb anything else until the print session is over. There is code/campatibility problem in adobe acrobat (the PDF writer) that may be the cause. I have not had this happen since using the above procedure except once. Some newer OS's and multi-core pcs might not see this problem happen.

That instant was a single line of partial garble that a Settlement Service sent me and then tried to say it was on my end. What they did not know is, that another person at their office saw that same line of garble on their screen and informed me they were looking at that too. Long story but I wont work for them again.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/12/12 8:58pm
Msg #443126

From my experience it's all about trying to transfer an

encrypted file. I have one client that has to send me their direct link. Otherwise, if they send me a pdf file it has those strange characters.
I also have problems with Finiti files. For some reason they tell you to restart the computer. Sometimes that works & sometimes it doesn't.
My equipment works fine, so I know it's about these files being encryped for security reasons.
You can always call & have them re-send.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.