Notary Rotary
What is This Form?
Notary Discussion History

What is This Form?
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 11/6/12 8:43am
Msg #442335

What is This Form?

I have this form in an Old Republic package, which has 5 docs to be notariezed. Is this a short version of the Chase Notarial Evidence Form and how should I know which doc they want listed? Do they want one for each notarized document?

ACKNOWLEDGMENT
Blah, blah, blah, blah(Standard Ack Wording) and at the bottom:

Description of Atttached Document _______________________________
Document Date ____________________ Number of Pages___________
Signers Other Than Named Above________________________________

Appreciate any input. Thanks, Carol

Reply by Jennifer Jackson on 11/6/12 8:52am
Msg #442337

If it was a deed, you woud put Deed of Turst for description, the date of the deed next, the number of pages the deed was, and if there were any other signers...if none, write none

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/6/12 9:07am
Msg #442339

Re: No notary stamp??? n/m

Reply by Carmela Arndt on 11/6/12 9:11am
Msg #442340

Re: It is the wording that will tie a loose ack to a

particular document that has no certificate on the body of the document or one that you have had to replace due to incorrect wording.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/6/12 9:20am
Msg #442345

Re: It is the wording that will tie a loose ack to a

Exactly. It's the same loose ack we "persnickety" VA NSAs use - instead of notarizing the Note!!

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/6/12 9:16am
Msg #442344

Re: There is a place for your Seal on the form

Just wondering if they want one form for each notarized document.

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/6/12 9:24am
Msg #442347

Yes... n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/6/12 9:40am
Msg #442348

No!

Looks to me to be one of those REALLY loose Acks that some stick in their package "just in case".
(In case they forget a doc...in which case they can just use this totally-loose-attached-to-nothing Ack to make it look like you did it.)
No, they do not want that for each doc as each doc that is supposed to be notarized will have the certificate either on the doc or immediately following it.... and there WILL BE some form # or page # at the bottom to indicate that 'this ack' is for 'this doc'. Lacking that type of info...it's a CYA for them--not you--as you will never know what they attached it to that you never did. Following this?

Just do nothing & return it or toss it.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 11/6/12 10:15am
Msg #442353

So true Lee. n/m

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/6/12 10:23am
Msg #442354

Re: No!

I responded to your question quite simply in that the form is specific to "one" particular document, and would need to be completed in total, for that document, no others. However; once you check your package, you should be able to determine if this form is necessary, i.e., did all Acks bear correct Notarial wording, etc. Otherwise, you may want to contact ORTC or your SS.

On my own Acknowledgments and Jurats, I have two blocks appearing below my Notarial Signature and Stamp. One of them includes that which you posted:

...and at the bottom...

Description of Atttached Document _______________________________
Document Date ____________________ Number of Pages___________
Signers Other Than Named Above________________________________

(These are loose certificates, all blanks are filled in, and even though I do staple them, I can't be responsible for those that will "touch" the package once I release/forward it. )

If, after review, you feel you have properly completed All Notarial Acts requiring an Acknowledgment, then, yes, Lee/AR would be correct. It's just a spare, and (here) we cannot perform on that.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/6/12 10:09am
Msg #442350

That is language that is on loose certificates. If the acks

are printed on each document, I'd ignore it or put a diagonal line through it.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/6/12 11:25am
Msg #442365

Re: Thanks Lee Very Much and All n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/8/12 12:18am
Msg #442587

I've commonly seen it referred to as the "optional information" section (or whatever) that's on the bottom of many all-purpose Acknowledgment Certificates. I have something very similar on my own. And as someone stated above, the purpose is to tie it to the document with the signature that's being notarized so that it can't be used on any other document.

The fact that the first part says "ACKNOWLEDGMENT" leads me to believe that it's simply an extra all-purpose notary acknowledgment form - something that you would NEVER (and yes, I mean it in this case) complete unless it was attached to a specific document. And if there's no signature to notarize, you wouldn't be filling out the acknowledgment part at the top, so there would be no reason to complete the optional information section at the bottom.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.