Notary Rotary
dropped docs with wrong carrier
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Roadie_MD on 11/23/12 3:46pm
Msg #444450

had a UPS and a Fedex package sitting by my front door. My daughter did me a favor by dropping off the fedex package to a drop box. trouble is, she dropped both of them (including the UPS). Any idea, what, if anything, i can do about it?

Reply by CentralNY on 11/23/12 3:59pm
Msg #444451

did it once, my bad, but the driver had pity and put took it to the correct carrier box. yes virginia, sometimes there is a santa claus. didn't miss a beat and was delivered to tc on time.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 11/23/12 4:00pm
Msg #444452

1. Send daughter to FedEx box to wait for pickup time and retrieve UPS pkg.

2. If FedEx has already picked up, I understand there's a good chance that they will drop it at UPS when they have time (and vice verse). Monitor UPS pkg through online tracking to see it this is actually happening.

3. Alert FedEx to what happened and see if they can intervene with pickup guy.

4. Tell daughter, thanks, but no more "favors!"

Reply by ArtG/KS on 11/23/12 6:01pm
Msg #444457

Make your phone calls to both carriers and do what they say on this one. I will say I did observe a UPS driver stopping at Fedex where I was dropping docs once and the conversation was mutual to both companies, "they have this happen every now and then and just pass the package to the other carrier". Hope they do that for you.

Reply by Beverly Kinlaw on 11/24/12 7:23am
Msg #444481

Both UPS and FEdex drivers here have told me if I miss one of the pickups I can put it in the other carrier box and it will still get there. ?????
Have not tried that out yet!

Reply by Ali/IL on 11/26/12 9:28am
Msg #444602

I have done that. One time went to the local hub office and, there it was sitting in a corner. Even though there was Fedex and Ups drop boxes next to each other and the driver could have just dropped it in there.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.