Notary Rotary
loan signing classes Las Vegas
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Stephanie/NV on 11/18/12 12:34am
Msg #443866

Does anyone know where to find loan signing classes in Las Vegas or anywhere in Nevada? The only information I'm finding on Google or the internet is through NNA or here on NotRot. I prefer to go to a class and have training that is state specific.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/18/12 4:00pm
Msg #443894

Wow, Stephanie! You're absolutely correct. I was searching online for you and only came up with online training by a few organizations. That is so bizarre! Here in California we have several options.

Sorry I couldn't help. Frown

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/18/12 6:24pm
Msg #443910

State specific is a long shot.

I write volumes of "how-to" notary information for notaries. I am well grounded in knowledge of Texas notary law. I have years in title, legal, and mortgage work. However, I would be hard-pressed to produce a state-specific course for Texas.

When advertising to course takers that a course is specific to a certain state's laws, that can get a writer/trainer in trouble. It indicates that the trainer or writer is an authority for that state. It means they "know the law." Such courses would need to come from a writer who is probably an attorney and very experienced in federal lending laws plus very knowledgeable in that state's notary laws, business/lending laws, estate/probate and property laws.

A signing agent course should give you a good base for performing loan signings.

If someone tells you that they will provide you a state specific loan signing course, you need to look out for yourself and find out from what authority the author/trainer speaks. Don't rely on their interpretation of your laws unless they have a law degree.

Get the basics and then come back here and study the archives. The manual that is sold here is good. The rest of it has to come from experience and digging for answers.

Reply by Stephanie Astrop on 11/19/12 3:30pm
Msg #444031

Re: State specific is a long shot.

Thank you for your replies ladies! It looks like I will be traveling to California for a class or signing up with NNA. In the mean time I will continue learning what I can on NotRot!

Reply by Cheryl_NV on 11/19/12 7:09pm
Msg #444053

There are not any classes here anymore, there used to be but that is a thing of the past. I hold classes for the notaries that work directly for me, but that is all we have here in Las Vegas.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.