Notary Rotary
my apology.. Certifx Livescan fingerprinting
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by NJW/FL on 11/7/12 12:58pm
Msg #442520

Has anyone else been contacted by this company to do mobile finger printing for them? They are in California and told me that they plan on covering all of Florida. They have walk in locations in CA and want to start here with mobile notaries handling the work. Then maybe have walk in locations here also. They supply the ink and pads and cards and you just send the card back to them. Anyone have any input?

Reply by jba/fl on 11/7/12 1:12pm
Msg #442525

How is this livescan if using cards? Not quite getting this.

This would/could be a good income stream for you - why would you want to do for someone else? Another SS type arrangement? Pass.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 11/7/12 1:21pm
Msg #442527

I agree with jba/fl. I can only speak for CA, but here goes.

At least in California, you have to be a certified fingerprint roller or in Law Enforcement to take fingerprints. For every card you put fingerprints on, your FPC number goes on it. I'm a certified fingerprint roller and a Live Scan provider in CA.
My take on it, and this is only MY OPINION, is that this is kind of like a Signing Service for fingerprinting. A middleman if you will. Each person, at least in CA, would have to pay for their own roller certificate (I can't imagine them paying for it), and I can't remember exactly what it cost, but it wasn't free. My guess is that they would take a cut of each transaction as well. If someone wanted to outsource fingerprinting to me, I think I'd decline because I could market my services independently and charge my full fee. I can understand why they'd outsource in Florida, obviously, but I wouldn't go for it if they called me. I paid for my own supplies, certifications, and advertising...people can just come straight to the source.
If I were you, I'd want to know what their cut is. Fingerprinting isn't an exact science, and it is sometimes very time-consuming. It might not be worth it if you find they'll take a large portion of the fee. I only charge $10/card for ink, and that is the standard rate in town for ink. It wouldn't be worth it to me to receive a "fingerprinting order" from them, and not get the full fee, even if they supplied the cards and ink (most people have their own anyway). Just my opinion, not intended to offend.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/7/12 2:12pm
Msg #442531

Can't just use mobile notaries for this type work in

FL - there are certifications that need to be obtained here too - I believe authorized vendors and law enforcement are the only ones who can do fingerprinting

and yes - livescan does not require cards or ink..makes you wonder exactly how well versed they are in what they do..

JMO

Reply by 101livescan on 11/8/12 2:45pm
Msg #442645

Re: Can't just use mobile notaries for this type work in

In California service providers must be background checked just as we notaries are every four years, and we are trained/certified to operate the equipment. Each station and certified licensee has a Vendor No. We cannot use the laptop which has the software installed on it, and which is updated every day by CA DOJ/FBI, for another purpose. That is, no surfing the internet. Strict rules about use of equipment and who is authorized for access. All eyes are upon us.

Reply by NJW/FL on 11/8/12 5:27pm
Msg #442675

I told them I wasn't interested as it just didn't sound right to me. I wanted to see if anyone here has heard from them, especially Florida notaries,as this is where he stated they wanted to get it going.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/8/12 2:40pm
Msg #442641

Here is a list of service providers for live scan fingerprinting. I had always performed ink card printing, but no longer because livescan capture digitally and transmitted electronically is more accurate.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/forms/LiveScanProviderList.pdf

Certifix operates here in CA. They are looking for worker bees to man their locations and/or to be mobile. They pay minimum wage and they are slave drivers.

I have a Guardian machine, it is the best machine on the market, and my interface provider is Biometrics4all.com in Tustin, CA.

Tell them I referred you...Biometrics sells both the equipment and the software. They are very busy and a growing company. Ed Chen and Pietre Sage rock! Excellent support...

Reply by NJW/FL on 11/8/12 5:22pm
Msg #442674

I passed on the offer but wanted to know more.... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.