Notary Rotary
seriously
Notary Discussion History

seriously
Go Back to November, 2012 Index

Posted by Beverly Kinlaw on 11/27/12 5:01pm
Msg #444788

seriously

Ok guys I was supposed to do the second part to a signing with the husband signing on my end. So I get package and the (attorney) is the one who notarized the various documents tht the wife had signed. These docs were shipped to me and no notary acknowledgement has been added on the docs for the notary for the husband. Seems like my NC rule book
says that a notary cannot decide what is to be the acknowledgment. So what do you guys recommend I do.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/27/12 5:06pm
Msg #444789

I would say

that whatever was already decided for the first signer should be used for the second signer.

Reply by Gregory/CA on 11/27/12 5:53pm
Msg #444796

I agree w/Mistarella or call the hiring party to confirm. n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 11/27/12 8:19pm
Msg #444819

I think that's very typical of what I would expect to see. For each document that indicates notarization is required, I would simply add a loose certificate of the same type that is already pre-printed onto the document. So if the wife's notary certificate was a jurat, I would add a loose jurat cert for the husband. If the wife's notary certificate was an acknowledgment then I would add a loose ack certificate for the husband. Am I misunderstanding your question, because this seems obvious to me. Another option is to stamp an ack or jurat certificate onto the document if there is enough room and if you have those stamps.

Reply by Liz/OR on 11/27/12 10:36pm
Msg #444838

I just write out the additional notary acknowledgements, never had any problem. I copy what the one for the other signer says and draw a straight line with the side of my notary stamp for them to sign on.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.