Notary Rotary
1st Loan Signing
Notary Discussion History

1st Loan Signing
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by LM//CA on 10/27/12 1:57pm
Msg #440786

1st Loan Signing

So, yesterday you all gave me some good responses regarding my first loan signing. I was shaking like a sinner in church...LOL however I got them done. When I initially posted I had one Monday. Well by the end of the day I had three more that were last minute and needed to completed before the end of the night. I did them and I feel confident. I'm still a bit nervous because I'm praying I made no mistakes. I learned quite a bit along the way and now I know how to schedule and organize if nothing else.

Reply by Buddy Young on 10/27/12 2:01pm
Msg #440789

The most important thing you can do is double check your work.

Reply by Barb25 on 10/27/12 2:16pm
Msg #440792

A smile on my face. I remember "it" well. You're on your way. Lots of success.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/27/12 2:18pm
Msg #440793

I like your line..Shaking like a sinner in church..I think I shook for 6 months..good luck!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/27/12 2:46pm
Msg #440800

CONGRATULATIONS, LM!! You did good and you're off to a great start.

Remember to always check your work.

We learn something new every day. Never think you know it all. Luckily, we have this wonderful NotRot to share our experiences and learn from everyone.

Reply by Karla/OR on 10/27/12 3:06pm
Msg #440804

Congratulations on your completed signings!!!

With more signings comes more confidence and a bit less anxiety. Although with me, the anxiety never goes away! Will I get the docs on time? Do I have enough paper, and toner? Will my printer fail me? Will I get to the appointment on time? What will the BO's be like (cranky, clean house, unruly animals??)? Will I run into any problems at the signing table and not be able to reach anybody to answer a question)? Will I carefully look over docs at the signing table but get home and find I missed something? Will I make the UPS/FedEX drop time? Will I get a call from the SS saying I messed up a doc?

These are all things that can make or break a day for us. Being prepared can help eliminate some of these issues. But I agree with others that the MOST single important thing is to carefully review docs for missing or incorrect items before shipping the package back. I believe the busier you get the more errors that are possible.

Reply by anotaryinva on 10/27/12 4:49pm
Msg #440826

After 8yrs, still triple check n/m

Reply by Luckydog on 10/27/12 7:08pm
Msg #440836

Re: After 8yrs, still triple check

Good luck! When you have time, read over the loan docs and become familiar so you can have confidence on what you say. Just remember you will always know more than the buyer in 95% of your closings, and when in doubt, just stay cool, and if you have to figure something out, do it with the buyer and read. You will always learn something! Just always remember YOU ARE IN CONTROL! Never let the buyer run your closing or intimidate you. If you lose control of your closing, you are in trouble...even with realtors, bankers, and attorney's who love to make you feel small. You Sit at the head of the table and do your thing. Good luck!

Reply by Rowsy/CA on 10/27/12 8:42pm
Msg #440846

Thank you LM//CA for daring to share your launch out the gate. I not only gain appreciable second-hand courage from you, I gain a lot from the encouragement of the other more experienced notaries here. I, too, am very new, and on my first refi signing made an egregious mistake, which was, thankfully, repairable the following day. Sigh.... and, ever onward.

Reply by Laurie Barton on 10/28/12 3:34pm
Msg #440921

I am glad you made it through your first signing-I clearly remember mine and it is a bit nerve wracking! good luck to you and just a thought-I found that Direct Closers has a really good training module you can use for more information and good ideas and training for newbies-and yes we ALL have been a newbie at one time and I wish you lots of success!! Do NOT get discouraged from anyone posting anything negative on your post-this is a VERY competitive business.....

Reply by Lila VanAcker on 11/5/12 4:08pm
Msg #442263

Hi - did you go thru getting certified and background checked? Sounds as you have a good start and I'm thinking of doing this also. I'm in northern AZ - any advice?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.