Notary Rotary
Anyone here use Vonage?
Notary Discussion History

Anyone here use Vonage?
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by MistarellaFL on 10/30/12 1:42pm
Msg #441294

Anyone here use Vonage?

I am over Verizon business (land line)....totally and completely over them.
Long story short, they unilaterally add services I don't want or need...and try to tell me I ordered them. I deal with this 3-4 times per year, and it takes a whole day to "straighten it out", and they tell me it will take a few months to completely resolve...and then once it gets resolved, they've done it again, with different services.

I am looking at Vonage unltd business for around $50/month and am hoping to hear others experiences with them.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/30/12 2:06pm
Msg #441298

Been a Vonage customer about three years, and am well satisfied. Probably fewer outages than with a non-VOIP provider. Absolutely the only issue I have is that on rare occasions I will get an echo in my phone. Happens briefly about every two months. Customer service is excellent.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 10/30/12 2:22pm
Msg #441300

Thank you, that is encouraging to hear!

I guess I can live with the echo 6 times a year much easier than the added services 6 times per year.
If you switched providers, and kept your business number, I a curious as to whether the switch was seamless, or if not seamless, how painful was it (meaning did you lose phone service for any length of time)??

Reply by HisHughness on 10/30/12 3:02pm
Msg #441309

Re: Thank you, that is encouraging to hear!

Seamless as a pair of pantyhose.

Reply by Barb25 on 10/30/12 2:54pm
Msg #441306

I used to be a Vonage user

Am now part of the Brighthouse package. However, and don't know if this applies here. But a story nonetheless.

I had a problem with my onlinefax program. Ringcentral so I called for assistance. Three hours later and BTW the Customer support was from the Philllipiines and MAGNIFICENT, I might add, I found out I had a real problem and subsequently did a reformat and reload of Windows 7 (will later report on Leisure if any one even cares Agh Ugh whatever) Anyhow, they offer a service similar or the same or more or less or whatever to Vonage. In other words Internet phone. Business / Personal / Fax / Whatever. Bottom line if it is anything like the hours of Customer service I received, Look into it. That would be my recommendation.

That's all.

Reply by rotaryme on 10/30/12 3:27pm
Msg #441317

WE HAVE BEEN USING VONAGE SINCE 200O OR 2001. GREAT LESS EXPENSIVE. I CAN CALL OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. I ALSO HAVE MAGIC JACK.

Reply by Ali/IL on 10/30/12 5:02pm
Msg #441334

I had Vonage a couple of years ago. Hard a hard time using it to fax. I don't think they had the business package then. Do they have it now?

Reply by James Morgan on 10/30/12 5:51pm
Msg #441338

Re: Anyone here use Vonage? The Best

I've had Vonage since 2004 and absolutely love it. I have the package that lets me call Internationally for free. It just went up $1.00 to $35.99/month. Their customer service and tech support are superb.
I have 2 of their vtech modems. One I keep here in the US. The other is in my house in Mexico. When I go down to Mexico, I just go online and change location and, Voila, I have my US phone number in Mexico. I also programmed it to ring my cell phone at the same time, so I never miss a call where ever I am. I have sent faxes from both places and never had a problem.
I also have Majic Jack as well that I've had almost as long. I carry it around and can plug it into any computer and make a call.
I would highly recommend Vonage

Reply by Angela Lambert on 10/31/12 2:08pm
Msg #441475

Re: Anyone here use Vonage? The Best

We switched to Vonage and it works great for us. We got to keep the same home # as we had with the previous carrier. Love it!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.