Craiglist ad
Notary Discussion History

Craiglist ad
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 10/1/12 12:20pm
Msg #436633

Craiglist ad

Here is an ad I found yesterday.

I have two California notary Books for Sale. Both of these have some missing pages as I used to be a Notary and have removed the signed pages.
One of the Books has 45 pages and the other one has 48 pages. Both books are 10 line signatures.
Also included are 48 Gold Embossed Notary Seals. A Ink Finger Print Pad and some Sign Here Arrows!

Call with questions! 909-886-xxxx--No Text or Emails!
Located near Cal State San Berdo & Cajon High School north of Northpark Blvd.

Is this what you mean Marian about not retaining? when you get tested after the notary class? LOL!!

Reply by LKT/CA on 10/1/12 6:56pm
Msg #436703

<<<Both of these have some missing pages as I used to be a Notary and have removed the signed pages.....One of the Books has 45 pages and the other one has 48 pages.>>>

New journals are 128 pages. Both "books" don't just have "some" pages missing, they have a LOT of pages missing! Journals are cheap ($20) brand new, so why would anyone want 2 journals with 1/3 of the pages missing?!?

<<<I used to be a Notary...>>>

Glad to hear that!!!

Reply by janCA on 10/1/12 8:39pm
Msg #436722

Journals

Not even $20 on NR. I believe the MoJo for the premier member is around $10-$12. I always order 2.

Reply by Calnotary on 10/1/12 9:00pm
Msg #436723

Re: Journals

You both are missing the point here. Aren't we supposed to return our journals to the SOS once we are not a notary anymore? This person instead just got rid of the used pages. And why does she/he have 2 journals?

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 10/1/12 9:13pm
Msg #436728

Re: Journals

I knew what you were saying, Calnotary. It was exactly what I posted last week; that we go great lengths to keep the perfect journal - some go to even greater lengths, depending on their interpretation of journal-keeping directives- and for what? So some county recorder person can toss them in a storehouse room where they mold away for a few years and then throw them away (which is exactly what a county recorder employee told me they do with them) - that is if they even make it back to the county recorder, which this notary didn't even bother to do... just ripped out the used pages and put the rest up for sale on Cragslist. Yikes! (At least he/she tore out the pages first!) And BTW: It appears she/he had two journals going at the same time. Journals are supposed to be sequential. You fill one up and start another.

Reply by janCA on 10/1/12 9:13pm
Msg #436727

CalNotary, you are correct. I completely missed that point. They are definitely suppose to be turned into the County clerk on record when you give up your commission. Holy Crap, I wonder if this person just shredded the signed pages.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.