Notary Rotary
EOM story
Notary Discussion History

EOM story
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by A S Johnson on 10/27/12 12:06pm
Msg #440752

EOM story

I had an appointment at 6 P M last night, Friday, for a 3 1/2 star s s and one of the older ss. Docs posted just after 8 P M.
It was a 198 page package with a 2nd copy for the br. Try to call the br, as promised, about 7 P M, went to voice mail. Drive the hour to get to him and arrive outside his house about
10 P M.
No signs of anyone at home. Try to call him again, he answers but I can tell I woke him up. Ask if he wants to sign now. Not only NO! but Hell NO!
He was called earlier by a lady wanting to re-scheudle. He made her aware that he had to be up early Sat morning, 4 A M, to go to work. 8 P M was his cut off time.
I'm glad I tried to call a last time. He could have shot me.
The people at the s s could not have cared less about my being outside someone house at 10 P M.
I want to use this re-worked heart, quadruple by-pass in early Sept, for a few years.
Yes they say they are going to pay me. We see.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/27/12 1:12pm
Msg #440762

If they knew he couldn't sign after 8 pm they should

have called you with that info. Also, I wouldn't have made the trip without speaking with the borrower first. Yes, he might have shot you showing up at 10 pm. ;-)

Reply by A S Johnson on 10/27/12 2:30pm
Msg #440797

Re: If they knew he couldn't sign after 8 pm they should

No, Idid not have the * P M cut off time from the SS or the br who I had talk to at abuot 6 P M. But because we had talk , I made a decission to head to his location, just in case, knowing it would be 10 P M before I could get their and we didn't have anytime to waste. I have started signing at 11:30 P M in the past.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/28/12 4:15am
Msg #440879

Everybody but the notary gets informed!

Yes, this happened to me, too. When docs were finally ready and Bo was ready to sign, all knew the adjusted time except me! Some SS have no regard for our schedules at all.
But I don't believe in "heading to a location, just in case" (at least, without a real good cause). My time is too valuable - and how would I even know if signing would even happen or I would get paid, Or . . .

Reply by ToniK on 10/27/12 3:09pm
Msg #440805

I would have never shown up at 10pm if I didnt call and speak to BO.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/27/12 5:04pm
Msg #440827

Agree Toni..me either...and when I see things are

running late, one of my first questions to the borrower is "what is your schedule like and how late is too late for you?"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.