Notary Rotary
FASS Notarial Evidence Form
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Barb25 on 10/21/12 2:49pm
Msg #439537

I see that someone below posted about the Chase Notarial Evidence Form. I was going to comment there but did not want to hijack the post as it seemed to be LSI related (I think). Anyhow "in the beginning" when this started FASS asked for none of this and I thought How Great! HA! That was short lived and not only did they want it they wanted it for every lender. Get that. E-v-e-r-y L-e-n-d-e-r! Are they kidding? Well if any of you read my post yesterday I had what may be forever referred to as the $5.00 total meltdown yesterday. Fortunately for this, I had the good sense to keep it together for a company that gave me a lot of business (btw, I hope you all realize I am trying to throw a little humor in here and still keep it serious for those who do not understand former New Yorkers or Other FL Witches).

I said I will just customize the form for each Lender. This is probably easy for those who know how to use this PDF edit. Not me. However, I contact a fellow wonderful and very busy notary and asked her to convert it to a Word file so I could easily edit. I had a problem. I took way too much of her time. Asked her to STOP. I didn't want to lose any more friends. In the end and realizing there were just too many variables and it was taking more time than reasonable (for me the word processing illiterate). I entered my info on top and on a job by job basis and print one out for each job. Enter the info as I go through the docs. This is usually prior to leaving my house when I check the docs (should I be fortunate enough to get the docs in time) and it has been no big deal.

Do I wish I did not have to do this Of Course. It does help my bookkeepiing btw, because I am at a point that I don't care about SS credits. But I also whined (albeit "internally" this time) about this form. You really don't have a choice except tell them no way. In which case, you're done.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 10/21/12 3:54pm
Msg #439554

I have a MS Word template for each lender if you need them. I don't include the title docs on the form and haven't had any issues with FASS yet. I can send them to you if you need them.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 10/21/12 4:47pm
Msg #439564

Is there really a penalty for not having a commission number

A message in a related thread said a notary was dinged for not having a commission number. I have not worked for FASS, and if it's true they penalize notaries for not having a commission number, I never will.

Reply by Barb25 on 10/21/12 5:06pm
Msg #439567

Re: Is there really a penalty for not having a commission number

I don't know. You don't have one? Or you would not give it to them? I do not understand. Your commission number is on your stamp. Your notary ID is on your certificate. At least that is how it is here in Florida. I cannot speak to how it is in other states. You cannot give what you don't have but if it is on your stamp, why would you not want to give it? Maybe I just do not understand your question.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 10/21/12 5:25pm
Msg #439570

The State of Vermont does not number commissions. n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 10/21/12 6:59pm
Msg #439582

That is the answer N/A n/m

Reply by bfnotary on 10/22/12 7:24am
Msg #439641

Re: The State of Vermont does not number commissions.

I would hope they wouldn't penalize you for not having one, if your state does not provide one. That would be pretty sad.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 10/21/12 8:21pm
Msg #439590

Maine provides no commission number either n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/21/12 8:47pm
Msg #439593

Re: Is there really a penalty for not having a commission number

When this form was being introduced by LSI..Someone on the board did convert it to a word document and I was so greatful..If you need a copy its here or I can forward it to anyone that may need it..It makes filling this out a lot nicer and faster..I have all my info prefilled..

Reply by Barb25 on 10/22/12 7:27am
Msg #439642

A couple of my great NR talented friends have

sent me templates and I am all set and I thank them for taking care of a somewhat Mirosoft Office-challenged fellow notary. Hope I can return a favor soon.

Reply by Barb25 on 10/22/12 7:33am
Msg #439643

When I move back to NY for a time I there was

still a commission number on the stamp. However it did not have a that nice State seal on the stamp. I was disappointed. Smile Also, in NY it was really required that you use a stamp as long as you wrote all the information. (Don't know if that has changed since 2008 when I came back to FL). In any event, I cannot even imagine sending docs back to anyone with a notary stamp. OMG. Can you imagine trying to explain that to the TC? LOL.

Reply by Barb25 on 10/22/12 1:13pm
Msg #439680

I don't think anyone is reading this BUT I did so Correction

Smile Also, in NY is was NOT really required that you use a stamp as long as you wrote all the information including your commission number etc. that would normally appear on a stamp. I cannot even imagine sending docs back to anyone WITHOUT a notary stamp. OMG. Can you imagine trying to explain that to a Title Company..

Should anyone read this, my apologies for the confusion.

b

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.