Notary Rotary
Godaddy Email Problems
Notary Discussion History

Godaddy Email Problems
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by SAmobile/TX on 10/19/12 9:52am
Msg #439168

Godaddy Email Problems

FYI - If you use godaddy for email, they are having problems this morning. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 10/19/12 11:05am
Msg #439185

ditched them ...

I don't know what the deal is, but I started having problems with HUGE delays in both sending & receiving maybe in the last 8 mos, and that just doesn't work in this business. It's been really hard switching clients, but I'm now using gmail and am loving it.

Reply by SAmobile/TX on 10/19/12 12:32pm
Msg #439209

Re: ditched them ...

I am strongly considering making the same move. I agree that these type of delays are bad for business.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/19/12 1:59pm
Msg #439225

Re: ditched them ...

I was afraid of that... I've had some delay problems the last couple of days, too. It surprises me, as I thought they were big enough to make sure they'd have adequate resources. What a bummer!!! I have my website - and personal domain, including email - with them, but I believe I set it up so that I can take it with me if I move somewhere else. (I'll have to check to be sure...)

Reply by signhere/ca on 10/19/12 3:34pm
Msg #439231

I had that same problem awhile back with Godaddy. Instead of change all my business cards and website and have to monitor 2 different email accounts. I set up a gmail account in addition to my Godaddy. Then set the control tabs in both email accounts to receive/forward all emails to both accounts. So if Godaddy has a problem I can go to gmail and find a copy of the same email. If gmail has a problem I will also receive a copy in my Godaddy. Has saved me a few time :-)

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/19/12 4:20pm
Msg #439238

Yes, email forwarding is my friend! I hate having to check multiple places; and that's why I stopped using GD for email. You have to remember a different password for each account! I have a few domains registered there, incl my notary webpage.

Intuit, who handles the hosting for my notary site had a way for me to forward/exchange email servers to gmail/google apps so I could get a personalized email domain extension (because the email wasn't free with the hosting, like with GD).

Reply by Les_CO on 10/19/12 5:12pm
Msg #439250

I have used them for years. I like’um. Everyone has problems from time to time. In the past 5-6 years I’ve/they’ve only had one glitch and it did not really effect me. I’m staying.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.