Notary Rotary
Huh!
Notary Discussion History

Huh!
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 10/26/12 10:59am
Msg #440508

Huh!

late rural closing. ask bo is there an address number on the mail box and what color is the house, totally stumped????????
my earlier closing when it's light i ask what color is the house, she tells me everything but the color of the house, oh my.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/26/12 11:55am
Msg #440538

I'm more concerned with where the number is located - on the house or the street or the mailbox. If on the house, is there a light below it that has a hood? Does the number get light on it? Is ii hidden behind the bushes?

I can't tell color that well after dark and always get a kick out of people who tell me there is a red car in the driveway, then they park in the garage.

Reply by ikando on 10/26/12 12:57pm
Msg #440550

There are a lot of people who pay absolutely no attention to the outside of their house. They know how to get there, but forget that other people may not. I've had situations where the house number was non-existent. I usually make a comment that the fire or police might have difficulty finding their house if they have to drive up and down the street in a process of elimination. Some appreciate it, others don't.

People are human.

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 10/26/12 1:23pm
Msg #440558

We still have some areas where the house numbers are not sequential nor odd number even number could be either side of road. I guess the fire truck just waits for the smoke to rise.
Fun!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/26/12 9:18pm
Msg #440632

This week, a borrower told me to look for his "vette" in the driveway. Boy, that saved me some time locating his house in the dark; that ride was sunshine YELLOW!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.