Notary Rotary
I Need Help Selecting A New Cell Phone
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 10/30/12 12:45pm
Msg #441280

I plan on staying with T-Mobile, but I am going to be getting a new cell phone. My contract with T-Mobile on this Blackberry is over with and I can finally upgrade to a new handset. I am happy to be getting rid of this Blackberry because I don't really like it, but I have no clue what kind of phone to get. There are so many to choose from.

This is what I know I need. A telephone that is easy to use. I need to be able to receive lots of telephone calls and lots of e mails. I might like to have navigation since I am out on the road so much. I like that little app that my friend has on her cell phone that you can scan a bar code and see where else sells that item for cheaper. I might like to listen to music on it. What else do I need on my phone to help me with my business?

Any suggestions of what telephone I should get. Thank you so much.

Reply by Calnotary on 10/30/12 12:47pm
Msg #441282

If your carrier "carries" the iphone or the Samsung Galaxy 3, you can't go wrong with any of these.

Reply by sueharke on 10/30/12 2:33pm
Msg #441302

I'm a t-mobile user too who is no longer under contract. I am getting a used unlocked android t-mobile phone from an ebay seller, rather than sign a new contract. I don't know your needs, but have you considered this approach?

You can also buy an iphone from Verizon at full price and put your sim card for t-mobile in it on a non-contract basis too.

Reply by Barb25 on 10/30/12 3:04pm
Msg #441311

Hey Peg,, You might want to check out this message in Leisure. Msg #20363.. I signed up and am now saving 19% a months with Verizon. Think it works for Sprint. I get that you want to stay with TMobile but it may be worth a Look. I have an I phone now. But to tell the truth I would be just as happy with a Droid of some kind.. That is what I had before.

Good luck

Reply by Barb25 on 10/30/12 3:08pm
Msg #441313

Also I should note

A thanks to anotaaryinva and MV/VA for their work in getting this to us on NR. It is good and it works. Kudos to them.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/30/12 6:04pm
Msg #441340

Hi Barb, what was the information you were referring to about Verizon. I checked that message, but it was about windows xp or something. Now have forgotten. Was wondering how you were saving 19%. I just left Sprint as the reception in my area was very poor, but am paying much more with Verizon.

And Peg, I just bought the iPhone 5 after having an android. Pros and cons to each. I think iPhone is simpler in many respects, but I was able to view attachments, edit quick documents etc on the android which I cannot do so easily on the iP5. Also because iP5 is new there are some bugs left to work out.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 10/30/12 7:33pm
Msg #441363

<<< paying much more with Verizon. >>>

I don't have it yet, but I just learned that Straight Talk Galaxy Proclaim Android uses Verizon towers. Straight Talk is $45/mo unltd. everything.
I haven't switched yet, but plan to soon.

Reply by Barb25 on 10/30/12 9:06pm
Msg #441391

Re: <<< paying much more with Verizon. >>>

Unlimited Talk, text, data, messaging? all for $45.00? Wow. that is good. I have 3 people on my plan and I have an Iphone, Ipad, an Droid Maxx and my husband has a simple phone, I think it has a rotary dial. Smile

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/31/12 6:57am
Msg #441429

Carol, that message links to one here in the notary forum. Search for that message number on the LEISURE forum, and it will come up. It's about ECPurchasing.

Reply by Deborah Breedlove on 10/31/12 12:39pm
Msg #441458

Love my new Samsung Galaxy SIII! n/m

Reply by anotaryinva on 10/31/12 2:18pm
Msg #441477

Re: Love my new Samsung Galaxy SIII!

Me too. Was thinking of the new Iphone because I really enjoy my Ipad but when comparing all the features this seemed like it would be better for me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.