Notary Rotary
Interesting Observation on Facebook
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Kay/IL on 10/9/12 5:02am
Msg #437741

As a notary who enjoys networking and s is always on the outlook for additional business opportunites, I do some of both on on Facebook. What I am seeing more and more of are signing companies recruiting on FB. Even more interesting is that when I look up these companies on SC, they are almost always some no, low or slow paying company that many of us are familiar with, or some upstart company by a former owner of such a company.

This just makes it that much more important that we continue to support reputable sites like NR. These no, low, and/or slow paying companies are coming from every which way to take advantage of unsuspecting notaries on social and professioanl mediums like FB and LinkedIn.

Good luck!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/9/12 11:59am
Msg #437793

That IS interesting. I have a self-employed friend who swears by FB & LinkedIn; she says these social mediums have really helped grow her business. One issue I personally had with using LinkedIn is I didn't find a way to help "filter" the connections - so they were relevant/valuable. No offense but the CraigsList crowd/audience scares me a little. Although, I took a chance and found a great artist once on there (so I know it CAN work).

If these signing companies are actually finding a "proper" audience through these outlets, it serves them right (:

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/9/12 12:08pm
Msg #437795

and speaking of additional business opportunities . . .

I saw a TC web page the other day with all manner of services listed from A to Z. I was guessing that's Affiliate Marketing! I think they had programs for home insurance, E & O, home foreclosure, cloud computing, you name it. I think we (small businesses) can learn from some of these partnerships: Do joint marketing with your accountant, insurer, graphics designer, lender, etc. I "love" it when acquaintances ask you "how to bake a cake" then go buy from the "bakery" down the street! Time to get smart . . .

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/10/12 2:58am
Msg #437848

Re: and speaking of additional business opportunities . . .

Another way to do joint marketing is to create a "notary network" in your state. This is where a number of (usually highly experienced) independent notaries public in a state join together primarily for marketing purposes. This concept was originally created by Brenda/TX and successfully reproduced in several other states. If you do a search here, you'll probably find a fair amount of information.

The one here in California is very active, although we have evolved with the times. Membership is exclusive, with each person covering different areas, so we support each other rather than compete with each other. We have recently increased the standards required for membership in our network and all new members have to be voted in by the others.

If you decide to go that route, just be aware that you cast your lot together to some extent, so be selective, but you may find it well worth the effort it takes.

BTW, I "love" your analogy about asking "how to bake a cake"... Right on the money! Smile

Reply by Claire Wills on 10/9/12 1:26pm
Msg #437801

Thanks for the info!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.