Notary Rotary
JMT Document Services, Visalia, CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 10/15/12 3:09pm
Msg #438641

Received a call late this morning for a Quicken today at 3:00. Quoted $150. "Will have to get it approved."

Son of gun! She called back about 1/2 hour late with approval. She'll send it right over.

Half an hour later and still no confirmation. Received another call for same time slot, same fee (and closer). Accept and email JMT to advise and suggested another notary and gave her phone number. Get email from JMT saying they just resent it. Get confirmation clocked at an hour after "approved" call. Replied reiterating no longer available.

Wonder if they were still shopping for a cheaper fee, hmmmmmm ............ ?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/15/12 3:20pm
Msg #438643

Wow..you get $150 for a Quicken, Yoli? I'm impressed

I've done one Quicken and only got $115 for it (docs to borrower) - and had to fight for that

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/15/12 7:00pm
Msg #438675

Re: Wow..you get $150 for a Quicken, Yoli? I'm impressed

This one was over an hour's drive from me - a lot of that through rocky hills, tight pin curves. That's probably the only reason they approved it. Hard to get anyone to take that kind of drive.

I did hear back from them about an hour prior to signing time. She was asking if I'd received docs. Yes, I did. However, informed her of status and reasons. She tried to put in on me by further asking why I hadn't called them to let 'em know I hadn't received confirmation. Having never worked with JMT before, didn't know I was supposed to QC them. Anyway, she said she'd let manager know (and she said it several times). Don't know if that was supposed to be a threat or an admonition.

When I receive a confirmation, my MO is to contact borrowers to confirm and then advise hiring entity that signing appointment is confirmed with borrowers. If unable to contact borrowers, I also let SS/TC of that ("left v/m msg, no answer, etc." & request additional phone numbers). Can't contact borrowers without confirmation with borrowers contact info. And, by following this MO, SS/TC is made aware of my receiving their confirmation.

It's been posted here many a time about SS/TC who cancel or re-assign signing to someone else and original notary is not aware of the situation until s/he inquiries about confirmation and/or docs, which have not been received. Meanwhile, that original notary has turned down at least 1 other signing. I'm just trying to avoid that scenario.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/15/12 7:25pm
Msg #438682

Re: Wow..you get $150 for a Quicken, Yoli? I'm impressed

And they just can't believe it that you would do such a disservice to them. They can't believe you would want to waste your life and your business time waiting for what may never come. I'm sure it was a shock to them....not.

Maybe you should remind them of the 5 P's, or 6 P's if you so wish: Prior planning prevents (pi$$) poor performance. And that their emergency is not your emergency. The way I see it: the ball was in their court - they dropped it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.