Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
LSI just deactivated me until further notice!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Sha/CA on 10/22/12 3:20pm
Msg #439724

I just had a call for a 7:00 AM signing tomorrow. I explained I was out of town and couldn't commit to the appointment. I was asked if I had notified them (LSI) that I was going to be out of town. I stated it was a family emergency and that I had not notified anyone I was going. I was told I would be deactivated until further notice. I said excuse me...and I was hung up on! I can't believe this happened. I think it is a first, certainly for me. Did they deactivate me until they are ready to activate me (when?) or until I let them know I'm back in town. The number that showed up on my phone was only a four digit number, and I could not call them back. Have any of you had this experience with LSI? I find it easier to get answers on this forum than calling LSI and wading through their system.

Reply by sueharke on 10/22/12 3:37pm
Msg #439729

I've never worked for LSI, but I think this is a gift of freedom to make more money from LSI.

Reply by Bonnie Glaubitz on 10/22/12 3:45pm
Msg #439733

It doesn't matter if you let them know. We go away 10 days every month, and they call me everyday that I am away, and I tell them when I'll be back and they say they will put a note in the file and I receive 5 more calls for the same closing from 5 different people in their Scheduling Dept

Reply by JinCA on 10/22/12 4:00pm
Msg #439744

I work for LSI, and go out of town a lot. When they call, I have told them I am out of town, and can't do the signing, and it has never been a problem.

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/22/12 6:32pm
Msg #439792

Odd way to treat an "independent contractor."

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/22/12 7:27pm
Msg #439803

I had to deactivate myself due to a family emergency earlier this year - I requested via LSI vendor management. Lasted about 10 days. When I was ready to come back, I asked vendor management to reactivate me and they did, and their calls started immediately.

Reply by LKT/CA on 10/22/12 9:20pm
Msg #439820

<<<I just had a call for a 7:00 AM signing tomorrow. I explained I was out of town and couldn't commit to the appointment.>>

I suggest when you get a signing offer for a time you're not available, simply say you are "booked" or your "schedule is full today". I would not explain anything to anyone about being out of town - keep your business private. Regardless of where/what/when you're doing something (anything) the answer doesn't change: "I am booked".

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/22/12 9:49pm
Msg #439825

Thanks LKT, that's the way to do it.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/23/12 5:59am
Msg #439845

Yep...no long song and dance...no details required

it's my business and no one else's...a simple "I'm sorry, I'm not available" is all I say.

We're called "Independent" contractors for a reason - the independence. A company asking you to report in like that, IMO, is treating you more like an employee.

I like LSI...always have....but I don't owe them or anyone else an explanation for every move I make...it's my business.

JMO

Reply by jba/fl on 10/23/12 8:05am
Msg #439848

I'm with you LKT - "I'm so sorry - I can't" is as far as I ever go for explanation.

I may just want to pick lint from my navel - not their business as to who, what, when, or why.

Reply by CentralNY on 10/23/12 10:54am
Msg #439888

I like LSI....

and I have never experienced that behavior. i think they are as frustrated with los and lenders as anyone else but no one has been rude. maybe you caught someone on a very bad day. but when i am unavailable, i just say i am booked.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.