Notary Rotary
Loan Processing Center of KY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 10/26/12 7:34pm
Msg #440618

Had several call from them today for a signing for this evening at 8:00 an hour's drive for me. I quoted fee of $250. Had to get it approved. Well ... sure enough, she called back while I'm on my way to Fidelity for a rush signing.

It was approved. Told her I'd call borrowers to confirm when I was done with Fidelity. She was very sweet and said ok and she'd send me order confirmation and edocs.

Rushed home after Fidelity to confirm and print. Weeelllllll, turns out this order is actually for National Loan Closers, who, according to NotRot, either slow pays or no-pays.

Turned it back and advised her why. (Doesn't matter what they agree to if they don't pay!)

Immediately, I get mob email offering that same signing for $70.

Reply by anotaryinva on 10/26/12 7:42pm
Msg #440619

Rolfl n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/26/12 8:30pm
Msg #440626

Re: Rolfl

Good thing you turned it back..They can offer whatever you are asking..getting them to pay is another matter!

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/26/12 8:39pm
Msg #440628

Re: Rolfl

I want to change my earlier post..I did not intend to pick on National Loan Closers..I have worked for them and have met my fees and I have had no problems getting paid!

I meant in general..Low ball/ no paying companies can offer us whatever we want and get it approved knowing they may not pay us!

Reply by LKT/CA on 10/26/12 8:48pm
Msg #440629

<<<Turned it back and advised her why. (Doesn't matter what they agree to if they don't pay!)>>>

You're my SHEro, Yoli!! (That's hero with an "s" on the front for a lady, heeeheee!) I warn notaries about that all the time. If a company *routinely* offers $40 - $80 for a signing and then "approves" of a quoted fee double that amount (or more), then they're agreeing only to get the loan signing completed. Not only will the notary NOT receive the fee quoted, they may not even receive the $40 - $80.

Don't be fooled, notaries.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/26/12 9:29pm
Msg #440636

Confusion of co. names. There is a National Loan Closers

(which is the platform Loan Processing Center uses--but you're paid from LPC) and then there's National Loan Closings. Different cos.
We've discussed the first NLC several times---usually lowball offers ($70 w/edocs). They were desperate if you got $250 approved).

Reply by budman63/tn on 10/27/12 12:00pm
Msg #440750

Got a call to do signing, small app for loan refi. Notice I said application to apply for loan. Was told it was only a 'few' pages and it would take only 15 mins. Was told the signer had a copy of all documents. No notarization, just have him sign and initial documents, then fax back. offered $50.00. ok, close by, signer has copies, short amount of time. Got there, signer has no copies of anything. About 40 some pages. Obviously signer had questions. Spent two hours there. Had to call broker to get many questions answered. Needless to say, not a good day. Took forever to receive payment. Finally got paid for 9/11 signing on 10/25. So, I gave them a poor rating. Judging by the other comments left by members I was not alone. The company had the nerve to contact me asking why I gave them a negative rating and were very rude in the email.
Saying I was aware of their payment policy and if it said no pay for 90 days i could accept or reject. Anyway, I will never do work for this company again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.