Notary Rotary
Mobile printing question
Notary Discussion History

Mobile printing question
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by anotaryinva on 10/22/12 12:52pm
Msg #439675

Mobile printing question

I am looking to buy a printer that I can carry into a bo's home, plug in and print using my phone.

I thought all I needed to look for was one with airprint capabilities. I found one and bought it but after reading a review it says it can't be hooked up wirelessly, it is wired to the computer and then can print using a phone, ipad whatever.

The three I'm looking at are:

http://www.costco.com/Brother-HL-5470DW-Black-%2526-White-Laser-Printer.product.100001592.html

If the link doesn't work I bought a Brother 5450DN now thinking I need the 5470DW.

I don't care if I have to print all legal, I'll use it once or twice a month at the most.

I'm guessing I need to cancel the one I bought and get the one that hooks up wirelessly? I don't want to get involved with the bo's computer (bet they wouldn't want that either)

Thanks for all the suggestions about the car inverters, that turned out to be too expensive for what I needed. This seems like a simpler way to print on the go - that is if what I'm trying to do is even possible.

Reply by OR on 10/22/12 12:58pm
Msg #439677

This is the one I have it is selling for $159 and it is smaller and lighter then brother you are looking at.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/400372/HP-LaserJet-Pro-P1102w-Monochrome-Laser/

Reply by anotaryinva on 10/22/12 1:18pm
Msg #439682

thanks but

It says no mobile printing? Does it work for you with your phone?

Reply by sueharke on 10/22/12 1:25pm
Msg #439684

I suggest getting a cheap laptop PC. I have access to Virgin mobile internet. I hook the HP printer via a USB cable and print directly at someone house for both income tax returns and notary if necessary. The Virgin Mobile service is a secure connection.

Reply by OR on 10/22/12 2:53pm
Msg #439713

Re: That is best way to do it Sue

I use my BB from US Cellular and thather to my lap top. I love having a back up computer too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.