OMG! a re-sign tomorrow due to incorrect zip on some of
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by sigtogo/OR on 10/30/12 5:30pm
Msg #441336

OMG! a re-sign tomorrow due to incorrect zip on some of

the docs. isn't the correction agreement and poa good for anything?? lol

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/30/12 5:59pm
Msg #441339

I'd think the correction agreement would cover that, wouldn't it? What's the big deal about a zip code? Zip codes can and do change all the time... theoretically, you could sign loan docs one day and by the time the loan funds, the zip code could actually be different with post office regulatory changes.

Take this small community as an example: http://dallas-hiram.patch.com/articles/powder-springs-cobb-residents-appear-mixed-on-zip-code-change

Besides, correct zip codes are extremely easy to verify these days with a simple click of the mouse at the USPS website's address verification system.

To me, it's hardly worth the trouble of a complete re-sign.

Unless you're a certain completely anal retentive stray ink mark phobic company we all know and love. BUt then, I doubt they'd have sent the documents with the wrong zip code in the first place.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 10/30/12 6:05pm
Msg #441341

"Unless you're a certain completely anal retentive stray ink mark phobic company we all know and love. BUt then, I doubt they'd have sent the documents with the wrong zip code in the first place."

I've seen Provident packages with the wrong county on the Mortgage. In one instance, the borrower insisted on correcting the mistake and we ended up with a complete re-sign 2 days later. Another time we left it alone after I notified the TC and made sure to flag the error. No re-sign request for that one.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/30/12 6:13pm
Msg #441343

Yeah, with theirs... I've seen minors errors, too... but I've also learned to flag them and notify, not mark. The errors are usually so small, though... nothing that usually can't be fixed with under the correction agreement to their standards. Let them handle it...

I've always said that I wonder what the break room at the Provident offices looks like. Can you imagine those signs?

Reply by Teresa/FL on 10/30/12 8:18pm
Msg #441384

I even told the woman NOT to make the correction,

That they would handle it with the LPOA, but she insisted. Thankfully, she signed quickly the 2nd time and she was charged a re-draw fee.

Of course I was paid full fee for both signings.

Reply by Clem/CA on 10/30/12 7:58pm
Msg #441379

Re: OMG! a Second pay check N\M n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/30/12 9:39pm
Msg #441404

Re: OMG! a Second pay check N\M

Clem..Good one..N/M

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/30/12 10:53pm
Msg #441418

LOL.... good point. n/m

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 10/31/12 12:05am
Msg #441424

indeed! not complaining about that!!! I just think

its a bit nuts. esp since its a credit union loan.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 10/31/12 12:01pm
Msg #441453

Sometimes smaller lenders can be a lot more "nit-picky" than

the larger ones.

They want everything to be perfect, especially if they are going to sell the loan on the secondary market.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.