Notary Rotary
Ocean Notary back up as of noon today
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 10/31/12 10:02am
Msg #441438

Not sure of support, UPS, Fed Ex and Mail are still down in my area. Plus maybe limited to where I can travel as some roads still closed due to Sandy. Between storm and Vacation only worked two weeks this month. November is going to hurt.

I am one of the Lucky ones, home and family are safe, if you could only see some of the pictures of my area so many families lost everything.

Reply by sueharke on 10/31/12 11:19am
Msg #441446

I'm happy you and your family are safe.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/31/12 11:31am
Msg #441447

Me too. Hope our other friends did also. Wish you could post some pics too.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/31/12 11:36am
Msg #441449

Glad you and your family came through OK! n/m

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 10/31/12 12:25pm
Msg #441455

How are you - I saw much damage in your town on cnn... n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 10/31/12 1:54pm
Msg #441470

Makes you grateful to look around and see you're fairing better than most, but it is difficult to see others suffering. My mother's home flooded twice in Ojai, 1969 and 1973, before remedied. Four feet of mud, sludge and debris flooded our downstairs, all appliances had to be replaced, new carpet and four feet of new drywall. Such a fiasco, just getting it cleaned up, and we did not have flood insurance in those days. When you live near a river (Ventura), you get what you pay for, no coverage.

Best of luck to all of you on the East Coast. Glad you are fine. God is good.

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/31/12 2:29pm
Msg #441480

Link to pictures of what Sandy has done. n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/31/12 2:32pm
Msg #441481

Sorry here Re: Link to pictures of what Sandy has done.

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyShoreHurricaneNews/photos_stream

My wife is dropping off a couple of bags of stuff to one of the Shelters now. What is bad now is gas, the few stations that are open and have gas the lines are a mile or more long. People from North Jersey are down here getting gas.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/31/12 2:46pm
Msg #441487

I'm glad to know you & your family are ok, Mike. I've seen

some news footage from Toms River & it's not good!
I talked to my sister-in-law in eastern PA. They are without power, but no real damage there. I surely didn't want to hear how "inconvienced" my niece was going to be trying to get the the New York Marathon (this Sunday). I can't imagine that it hasn't been cancelled, but it's a major money-maker, and I suppose they'd have to refund all the money if they cancelled it. Runner are a different breed anyway, and seem to be willing to run in almost any kind of conditions. ;-)

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/31/12 3:24pm
Msg #441501

Takes an act of god to stop things in NYC

The event will go on, heck bet they would hand them tubes and tell them they need to swim if they had too.

Plus note: UPS and Fed Ex are working in my area.. Woo Hoo. Now once the post office is dry (only one in Toms River) I can get mail again (have a ton of payments that were due and it's killing my cash flow)

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/31/12 7:00pm
Msg #441533

Glad to hear you and family are OK, Michael.

Any word from NJDiva (Cheryl)? Hope she's ok.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/31/12 8:24pm
Msg #441551

I'm guessing Cheryl is without power & internet. I

think someone reached her by text. I'm sure she'll check in when she can.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.