Notary Rotary
Page Separator
Notary Discussion History

Page Separator
Go Back to October, 2012 Index

Posted by dexter/nc on 10/17/12 5:02pm
Msg #438955

Page Separator

Has any one purchased and used this software. It supposedly eliminate the neen for a 2 drawer copier. Send me a personal message.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/17/12 5:59pm
Msg #438963

Don't think there's a need for a PM. Personally I think it's pointless. The software was developed by and being pushed by FlexClosings as a way to generate revenue. They are basically making their notaries buy this software if they don't have the dual tray setup...or the technical knowledge to set one up.

A good used dual tray properly setup is not much more expensive than the pro version of the software, and it sure can do more than the software.

The website selling the software makes no mention that they are affiliated, but they are. See Msg #420326

Now that's not to say that there are plenty of notaries who use the software and find it valuable, though. There are. I just don't like the way the Flex (Flex!) goes about promoting its use and the fails to disclose that they are the ones who developed it (or at least selling it) and are clearly getting a cut of the sales.

Reply by sueharke on 10/17/12 8:13pm
Msg #438979

I must be one of the people who find it useful as I do not have a dual try printer. I do not plan on buying one in the near future. Until then, I find the software helpful.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 10/17/12 8:38pm
Msg #438981

I have a notary friend who has a mobile set-up and he LOVES this software for his mobile printer.

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/17/12 10:16pm
Msg #439000

I have it, bought the middle grade below Pro. I have a single tray and use page separator instead. It is cheaper than a new printer.

Reply by AMM/MI on 10/18/12 7:25pm
Msg #439105

I am a real new newbee...have not processed a closing package yet. What's with this page separator and dual tray printer business. I thought a laser printer is all that's required to print these docs. Can someone help me with this printer delemma? Thank you.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/17/12 9:21pm
Msg #438990

Do a search with the orange search button. It's been

discussed & there are some that think it's great.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/17/12 11:11pm
Msg #439001

This is a recurring topic in Discuss Work.

There are those who have never used it, don't really know how it works, but who, because <they> have dual tray printers, get awfully snooty toward those of us who do use Page Separator.

I like it. It works quite well, I suspect as well as a dual tray printer and at a fraction of the cost, and I am under the impression that Page Separator actually may have a function or two that dual tray printers don't. I would recommend it. If you do buy, get the middle-priced version. And if you have trouble getting it to work the first time, PM me; I'll help.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/18/12 12:02am
Msg #439007

Re: This is a recurring topic in Discuss Work.

I have no issue with anyone who chooses to use it. I know plenty of people who do and they like it fine. I just happen to think it's useless, myself.

I also think that the company selling the software is deceptive because it was developed by and is being heavily pushed by a company with a TERRIBLE reputation. They aren't making enough money by stiffing and low-balling inexperienced notaries...now they're pushing software on them and making them pay for it, too? For me, it's a bit of a moral objection to the origin of the software more than anything else.

If you go to the homepage for the software, you'll note that NOWHERE on the site do they indicate who they are or where they're located. You can't even contact them except via a web form. What reputable software maker does that unless they're trying to hide something?

Think of it like this... a lot of people refuse to get the XYZ background check and certification simply because it's from the XYZ, right? Despite some of the known issues with the background and certification, it is widely accepted and used by a lot of organizations. But, some notaries get awfully "snooty" about it, don't they, because they have moral objections to the organization behind it.

Same deal here. The software itself seems to work just fine by all accounts. I don't think it's necessary, but many find it useful. My objection is that the software is being pushed by a company that many people here refuse to work with, are known serious law-ballers. Then, upon further research, since they hid it pretty well, I learned that the software company is owned by the CEO of the low-balling signing service. To me, that's all I needed to know to know that I would never buy the software no matter how "useful" it seemed.

Reply by dexter/nc on 10/18/12 12:52am
Msg #439009

Thanks to all of you who responded to my Page Separator inquiry.

Reply by sueharke on 10/18/12 1:46am
Msg #439011

I did not buy the software because a SS said to buy it or else. I bought the software to make my life easier. I know of a many companies who have more than one division that sells different products. Maybe the software division sell "page separator" and does not have a relationship the other division. I do not know but it is an interesting question.

Reply by HisHughness on 10/18/12 2:08am
Msg #439012

Obviously, anything approaching logic is simply not going to prevail in any discussion with you about Page Separator.

I was not solicited by Page Separator. I heard about the program, and sought it out; no one "pushed" me. As far as I know, I have never done a closing for FlexClosing. This is a strange thing to posit a "moral" objection to. It was reasonably priced, it serves quite well to do what I want it to do, the company actually followed up after the purchase to make sure I understood how to use it and that it was working okay, and it has saved me money. You have a "moral" objection to that, as if it was manufactured by 7-year-old children in Bangladesh? You call something "useless," you find it "unnecesssary" when you have never used it?

Yeah, you are being snooty, in spades, and no, you are not going to be swayed by logic.

Reply by CJ on 10/18/12 8:02am
Msg #439022

Thank you for bringing this topic up.

I have never heard of Page Separator, and I have always wished I had something like it. I will check it out now. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.